Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-07-2016, 02:23 PM
kimura
Hill Giant

Default Kimura's Project: The Return

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that after a hiatus due to some family medical issues, my server is back open in a testing phase.

My website is the same and is where you will pick up the needed files to play http://projectkimura.proboards.com

I hope to see you there!

Thanks, Kimura
Old 05-07-2016, 05:26 PM
provocating
Demi-God

You have a typo in your link
Old 05-07-2016, 05:33 PM
kimura
Hill Giant

Ty, I appreciate it
Old 05-07-2016, 09:31 PM
Mexi
Fire Beetle

Welcome back Kim, can't wait to play again.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:20 PM
EQEMU2010
Sarnak

Cool deal I finally drifted back casually for now...

Old 05-09-2016, 05:18 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

WHAT KIMURAS IS BACK WORD?

i need to download EQ again...fuhh

Old 05-09-2016, 10:44 PM
Kailow
Sarnak

I've been on this server for a few days now.

Starting out its a bit on the slow side but it picks up with time and levels. The content isn't something you can just plow through, you'll need help at some point and they have bots on the server to help solo players. Boxing is allowed, as well as MQ2 warp (just don't abuse it).

Casual players should check it out because it honestly feels like i'm earning my ability to get into new zones and finding new loot. Hardcore players should play it because theres a ton of content and you're going to find it getting harder the further you get.

The playerbase is VERY active, OOC channel is always filled with everyone in the server talking INCLUDING the developer, Kimura, who is constantly making content and fixing bugs.

He's done a very good job at creating a world that caters to both casual solo players and neckbearded basement dwellers. You should check it out.

See you on Kimura's Project!
Old 05-11-2016, 01:38 PM
EQEMU2010
Sarnak

Nice is it a from scratch wiped server thats back or just updated with all old accounts there still...

Old 06-01-2016, 06:33 AM
kimura
Hill Giant

This was posted on my forums, but I wanted to post it here to inform others why my server is down:

Hey guys, I really appreciate all of your support! Unfortunately, my hard drive is toast. It is most likely due to overheating. I was told that the data would not be recoverable at this point. :( Not only have I lost everything server related (database, custom quests, custom source), but also a lot of personal data too.

So, right now, I cannot bring the server up because it doesn't exist anymore, which really sucks :( Even if I am able to get a new hard drive and somehow get another operating system, I would have to start the whole server from scratch.

I'm sorry about this guys, I was very stupid and did not have it backed up to a cloud like I should have. I planned on doing it, but obviously, I procrastinated, thinking this wouldn't happen to me, but boy was I wrong. Ugh.

Hopefully, I can get something rolling again
Old 06-01-2016, 04:52 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

If anyone else has a server without a proper backup plan, PM me I'd be happy to walk through how to use AWS Glacier backup or how to automate backing up your DB on any OS. This is a really important procedure for any sized server. https://aws.amazon.com/glacier/

Sorry for the loss kimura :(

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 06-01-2016, 09:01 PM
sculler
Sarnak

I'm a little jaded I guess but every time I see these posts about server owners saying their hardware failed and they lost everything, and it seems to happen quite a bit, I really just think they didn't want to be burdened with a server anymore and this is the easy way out.

Kimura, I'm not saying this is what you're doing but I've seen it often enough where I'm skeptical.

At any rate, I'm sorry for your loss. Your server was fun to play on.

Hopefully this will be a lesson to you and others about the importance of a proper backup plan.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:48 AM
Splose
Banned

what a shame.. I was enjoying playing for once
Old 06-02-2016, 06:36 AM
kimura
Hill Giant

I plan on making another server from scratch (yay), but it's going to take me a little while to rebuild. I'm going to grab a Hdd pretty easily, but it will be a challenge to grab an OS anytime soon. I will be back eventually!

P. S. In reference to your post sculler, I get why you say that, but that's not my style. I had just restarted my server and I was enjoying it a lot! This loss cuts deep, lots of work. :(
Old 06-08-2016, 07:08 PM
kimura
Hill Giant

Ok, update...I ordered a new HDD and got a replacement OS. I just got the HDD today and I am currently loading the OS. Hopefully I might still have a backup somewhere on my secondary hdd that I had. I'm crossing my fingers that it wasn't a total loss!
Old 06-08-2016, 07:21 PM
EQEMU2010
Sarnak

Thanks for an update