Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-26-2021, 02:21 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Default IONOS (1and1) Hosting Alert

Feeling a little embarrassed on this, for letting my guard down after all these years, but bank destroyed my charge card today and issued a new number, because of that IONOS 1and1 server hosting. I usually read a lot of reviews before trusting a new company, but I slacked off this time and got bit.

Consumer Affairs is even aware of their behaviour with tons of complaints for unauthorized charges, which I experienced lately with them. I didn't just get double billed for a purchase, I got charged 2 times in 4 days for the same thing.

My bank is taking actions to try and retieve the money. A woman named "Kathleen" in the Ionos billing, denied the charges and stopped talking to me.

I got what i paid for ...... lol
Old 02-28-2021, 10:41 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

VPS hosting at OVH, they have a lot of "mixed reviews". It's difficult to find anything within my targeted budget, without running into
something like IONOS again, lol. Anyone have any experience with this OVH company ?

Old 02-28-2021, 03:45 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Well, found a new home at Vultr. Communicated with a rep there first, before signing up, so there won't be any "suprises" in the hosting. Took 5 minutes and 40 bucks to have it up and running. Seems to have great speed. I'm in central Canada and the server is down in in NY. Now to get back to what I started, 5 days ago, haha
Oh ya ......coffee break
Old 02-28-2021, 04:04 PM
Zandig
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
Well, found a new home at Vultr. Communicated with a rep there first, before signing up, so there won't be any "suprises" in the hosting. Took 5 minutes and 40 bucks to have it up and running. Seems to have great speed. I'm in central Canada and the server is down in in NY. Now to get back to what I started, 5 days ago, haha
Oh ya ......coffee break
Let me know how it works out for you after some time. I'm near the NY area so I may be interested. Was not too keen on that OVH after doing some research.

How many people are playing on your server?
Old 02-28-2021, 04:09 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandig View Post
Let me know how it works out for you after some time. I'm near the NY area so I may be interested. Was not too keen on that OVH after doing some research.

How many people are playing on your server?
Ya, that OVH, I read a lot of red flags about them, so I kinda shy's away. They all got mixed reviews, of some kind, just had to use my own judgement.

No players yet, still working on getting it setup and finishing things on it. It's not intended to have big turnout, just something to have some fun and monkey around with, lol
When I logged on to it with my apps here, if i would of blinked, I would of missed it, definately a lot faster than that last headache.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:12 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandig View Post
Let me know how it works out...
I'm 2000 miles away from my Vultr server host, and ingame I'm getting 77-79ms ping. so not too bad.