Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:13 AM
The_Beast
Discordant

Default P99 clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguexx View Post
Or wanted to give me there p99 database so I could build off of it
This is like that El Nino that comes around every so often. Somebody wanting a "ready-made" database (or server build) just like P99.
People seem to come up with their own ideals of what "commnunity help" and "open source" means to them. Sure, it's a community
where people help each other, but everyone has their own beliefs as to what that actually stands for. How's that working out for ya?
Quote:
Starting to loose my mind trying to make that type of server.
Anyone has the potential to build a server similiar to P99 (or any other type), it will just take a lot of reading, learning, more reading,
more learning and ultimately, work. Months of it. MOST KNOW THIS ALREADY. But the odd person, who may be too impatient or lazy,
will look to the "community" to do it all for them. They hope, they dream, they persist and even "start to loose their mind".

Whatever type of server you want, if one takes the initiative to learn some SQL, that alone, will help speed things up by running
queries to do mass editing in the database. Were you thinking about this one year ago ? You could of had a lot done by now.

But if you think about it, the project developers, peq team, etc. They have ALREADY built a server for you. It's available to download.
If you are one who wants to get picky and put in a custom order (and call that "community help"). How's that working out for you ?

The Community gives you the pumpkin seeds and a garden to play in, but you will have to grow your own pumpkin patch.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:07 AM
Plaguexx
Fire Beetle

Amazing how you choose to comment on the one thing from my post I was well aware of but you totally ignored the question in the post. I am aware a p99 clone may not (yet) exist I am making one to the best of my ability. I guess to make your life easier ill just not post anything anymore. I did get some mail asking how I adjusted some things so I suppose my posts helped someone who was reading, but for you alone ill go silent and not post anything on here.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:41 AM
The_Beast
Discordant

Quote:
Amazing how you choose to comment on the one thing from my post I was well aware of
You obviously misinterpreted the whole intentions of the post, which people do quite often on these forums. It wasn't all about
you, so get over it. The quotes I used (which you've since deleted), were only used as examples, not to target (or dramatize)
any particular forum poster. This "P99 envy" has been going on for years.