Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 11-14-2019, 02:24 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Default Loot Editor for Linux?

Is there any loot editors that run on a linux server? (I use Debian)

I've tried many times to get EOC to work, but have been unsuccessful. I've tried eoc on a linux vpn. I've tried EOC on a test database installed on a windows 10 machine. I used the tool that shows port 3306 can be seen, but EOC fails. I carefully followed Akkadius ' guide. Even followed 'sklead' guide email and still fails.

I'd prefer to keep my development under linux, but am finding a lot of the tools seem to only work under windows. Is there a Linux based loot editor?

I can usually copy something close and edit it (via SQL), but with loot it's much more complex. Between lootdrop, lootdrop_entries, loottable, and loottable_entries, I'm having problems manually editing these and getting the results I want. Therefore, trying to find a tool that simplifies this that works under linux...
Old 11-14-2019, 08:57 PM
joligario
Developer

Use https://github.com/ProjectEQ/peqphpeditor and it runs from your box
Old 11-15-2019, 01:51 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Thank you for this. I stumbled on this late last evening. Last time I used this was about 5 years ago on a windows server setup.

You know, it's actually really hard to find guides or documentation that explains how to modify or enhance eqemu. Part of the problem is that eqemu has been around in so many versions that there are a lot of old, bad links, which makes searches more difficult. Using Linux makes things a bit more difficult as most (not this one) of the tools are written for Windows.

Thank you for referring me to this. I'll be attempting to set it up this evening. On Halls Havoc, I have rebuilt Paw, set it back to when gnolls filled the zone. Also in final stages of reverting Cazic Thule zone. Had to create many npcs there, which were killed off in like 2002, which is the reason I need this. Need to set up loot drops for these new npcs.

Tags
editor, linux, loot