Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:20 PM
grundy923
Fire Beetle

Default game crashes when loading

So I bought and downloaded underfoot last night because I wanted to play on an eqemu server, got sick of Shards of Dalaya. Download took a while so I went to bed.

Woke up in the morning and signed on, it was working. I went on Akka's Fun House SOD Zones/Dialbo Loot/All New Stuff. That server was really confusing. I quit out and went to work.

Got off work, came home, signed on and went to The Grand Creation. Played a necromancer, then camped out and decided to play a Berserker instead. I made a Vah Shir Berserker and logged into the game and just froze. Screen went black it didn't even go to the loading screen it just hung there for like 10 minutes so I CTRL+ALT+DELETE'd that shit.

Tried to log in again, chose The Grand Creation, got the loading screen, Sanding Wood Elves....now 34% smoother... eqgame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Tried it again. Logged in. Chose The Grand Creation. Clicked "PLAY EVERQUEST!" You have gotten better at loading! (15)... eqgame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Tried again. Logged in. Chose The Grand Creation. Clicked "PLAY EVERQUEST!" Half elves are now .49999999999 elves... eqgame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

I can keep going but you get the picture. I don't know what the deal is. It was working perfectly fine then all of a sudden for no good reason it crashes every time I try to connect to a server.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:10 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

The Underfoot download is incomplete when you first get it from Steam. There are instructions here for how to fix it: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ssingFilesList

The problem you are describing could be several things. Hopefully you kept a backup copy of the original files from steam. I would copy that backup to where you actually want to run the game from, like C:\EQ, but wherever you choose, make sure it is not anywhere under the Program Files or Program Files (x86) directory.

Then, try again. If it crashes on PEQ you need to also try a different server to narrow down if it is something PEQ specific or global to your installation.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:07 PM
grundy923
Fire Beetle

It doesn't appear to be a PEQ issue. It seems to be much stranger (at least to me). When I try with a different account it works fine. Every single time I try that other account it crashes but when I use this new account it has never crashed while loading. I don't understand it but at least I can play now.