Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-18-2016, 03:49 PM
Xeru
Fire Beetle

Some people have been trying to get sod wiped / 2nd server opened for awhile now but the staff aint having any of it. They feel that the amount of new players they would gain wouldn't offset the amount of veteran players that would leave.

i am also in the group that believes the game is too top heavy and its really not worth playing anymore.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:20 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Quote:
It is a grind to the top just to grind some more.
Name one server that isnt.

That is what Everquest is, grinding for levels, grinding for gear, grinding for progression... when the grind stops, people get bored of the server. Should be happy there is alot to grind.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:28 AM
Traul
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeru View Post
Some people have been trying to get sod wiped / 2nd server opened for awhile now but the staff aint having any of it. They feel that the amount of new players they would gain wouldn't offset the amount of veteran players that would leave.

i am also in the group that believes the game is too top heavy and its really not worth playing anymore.
I think they'd be surprised just how many people would come back if there was a wipe. And by how many veteran players wouldn't leave.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:12 AM
mtlhd777
Fire Beetle

Default Shards on EqEmu 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traul View Post
I think they'd be surprised just how many people would come back if there was a wipe. And by how many veteran players wouldn't leave.
I am one of those casual players you speak of. I got on Shards here and there 2011 - 2014 and leveled up to around 30 with RL friends...but...when they got busy and couldn't log in, there were no groups to be had. We eventually stopped because of the low population.

I love Shards, don't get me wrong. I wish it had the population Project1999 has. The server is fantastic and the people i encountered on SoD (although few) were awesome to me.

For me, EQ is about grouping and teaming up and having fun with other players. If I have to Solo I will spend my time on DragonAge, ElderScrolls, or the Witcher.

I think a new SoD server would do well for you guys.... It would entice more of the EQEmu community to come by and give it a whirl. It would be nice to see lower than 65 toons on there.

With all that being said, I debated trying P1999 but I was wondering if it is top heavy as well? As a more casual player looking for groups I'm hoping there are a few 20s and below on there...

Last edited by mtlhd777; 09-22-2016 at 10:15 AM.. Reason: fat fingers
Old 09-22-2016, 12:38 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

From my point of view, if SoD were to do a full wipe it would probably have a much higher population.

90% of the people I played with quit, after the initial population loss.

Reward those who achieved max level or above a certain level with a claimable clicky or something.

Old 09-23-2016, 04:43 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
From my point of view, if SoD were to do a full wipe it would probably have a much higher population.

90% of the people I played with quit, after the initial population loss.

Reward those who achieved max level or above a certain level with a claimable clicky or something.

I agree. SOD has 10 years of quality content from level 1. But problem is, its same like starting WoW today and looking for people to do Ragnaros raid with you. You have to get everyone back to same tier more or less to get new people someone to play with.
Old 09-23-2016, 07:24 PM
Gregalimule
Fire Beetle

Doubt it'll happen but i would definitely play on a fresh start sod server in a heartbeat.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:03 AM
atrayas
Hill Giant

Seems to me the server needs an incentive for the high end players to roll alts. Im sure if the devs were up to it they could come up with something interesting for the higher levels to do with alts that could benefit there mains. Maybe a mentor type deal or something similar, possibly earning alt currency of some sort when they are mentoring someone and the coins can be used for w/e the devs deem fair. Just a thought.