Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-17-2016, 03:06 AM
RetroEQ
Fire Beetle

Default How to be preferred or legends server

I'm curious how one becomes legends or preferred server. I'm sure population has some to do with it but from of the looks of it, not everything. Can you donate to increase your chances? I understand if that is something that can't be talked about but if someone could pm me some info I would really appreciate it. I do want to support the emu so I'm just curious. I don't have a server listed yet but am hard at work making I think will have a decent niche.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:33 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

Basically the best way to get a green server is to not worry about having a green server. If that's on your mind, you're focusing on the wrong details.

Build your server, get a population, get some reputation and then see what happens. The biggest factors I've seen have been longevity, stability and reputation.

..and I don't think anybody would take money for it. Or at least I hope not.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:37 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0ctrnl View Post
Basically the best way to get a green server is to not worry about having a green server. If that's on your mind, you're focusing on the wrong details.

Build your server, get a population, get some reputation and then see what happens. The biggest factors I've seen have been longevity, stability and reputation.

..and I don't think anybody would take money for it. Or at least I hope not.
This is RetroEQ, had to change my name because it looks like other people were using that name.

I appreciate the response. It's almost a catch 22, having a green server will help you get players yet you need players to get green so that is why I was asking. But regardless I plan on supporting eqemu monthly because I am grateful for what they do. Thanks.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:58 PM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

Just take a look at the server discussion forum. All those servers coming and going. A server that was green this week would be gone next week if it wasn't something that was allowed to shake out over time.

If I've learned anything, it's that a well run server will always have people around. Just gotta stick with it through the ups and downs and things will all work out like they should in the end.