Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:01 AM
Vulok
Fire Beetle

Question Can not Move

Thanks again for the help so far . Got the new cpu up and going so here we go.

Got an odd one here though. Yes running Vista, and quad-core just to make things tricky . But got the server up with bots no less, thanks again!

But now I can't move... Any direction at all, I can turn and look but not move. Can create a bot and then kill myself by attacking an NPC but can't move afterwards.

Any character I make this happens. Just wondering if anyone had a similar experience with this, while I continue to scour the endless posts.

Going to bed atm, will continue to look in the morning.

Thanks again
Old 05-28-2008, 06:06 AM
erik_llewellyn
Sarnak

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ariables#Rules

Look under "Rules" on that link. It sounds like the server you are playing on has a list of rules that you need to accept.

"#rules" will show the current rules you agree to play with on that server.
"#acceptrules" will accept them and allow you to move.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:04 AM
trevius
Developer

Sounds more to me like he didn't add in all of the extra lines of source needed to run the version of the emu code he is running. Check the downloads section of the main page and look through the logs listed there. You may have to go back quite a few log files and check all of them for anything that needs to be inserted into your database. Most likely, you are missing the one for levitate in a zone. Also, make sure that when you do add that one that you put a ; at the end of the line, because in the log it doesn't have one where it should.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Vulok
Fire Beetle

Question kind of figured it out

Thanks for help,

When I copy in the new zone.exe , world.exe,and EMuShareMe.dll it makes the bots work. But kills my movement.

I tried to do the #acceptrules with bots, but no movement. So the error has to be in one of those 3, now just need to find it.

Thanks
Old 06-02-2008, 02:57 PM
dssas
Fire Beetle

umm i have the same issue from the latest version from the site and i noticed my chars will hover a few feet above the ground and be unable to move even after accepting the invisible rules
Old 06-02-2008, 04:24 PM
trevius
Developer

You might want to read through the log files in the download section like this one:
http://www.eqemulator.net/releases/l...0.7.0-1108.txt

Then, make sure that all of those lines have actually been added to your sql.

One thing that should be noted is that the following 2 lines from that log here:

Code:
alter table `zone` add column `canlevitate` tinyint (4) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL  after `cancombat`
alter table `zone` add column `castoutdoor` tinyint (4) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL  after `canlevitate`;
Are actually missing a semi-colon, so it should actually be this:

Code:
alter table `zone` add column `canlevitate` tinyint (4) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL  after `cancombat`;
alter table `zone` add column `castoutdoor` tinyint (4) DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL  after `canlevitate`;
If you don't have that added properly, your character will hover above the ground and not be able to move. I was able to move my GM for a few seconds after having this problem, but he walked weird and got stuck within a few seconds of being able to walk. I could then target an NPC and use #goto and I could walk again for a few seconds and then it would lock up again. And all NPCs were hovering above the ground as well.

If that is what you are experiencing, then you definitely have some missing sql and you should check through the logs mentioned above to find the missing sql.