Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:18 PM
WarAngel
Sarnak

"Fish walking underwater"...hey, why this legged creature get to swim? And we are stuck down here? Lets run up and attack before it gets out of the water......

OOooh VERY interested in fly modes...

I understand if this is low priority by the way, just want to again say thank you for looking into this. This at least this thread is letting me know that I am not alone. CHEERS!!

-Eric
Old 11-05-2017, 08:44 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movement View Post
So RoF2 nuked the walking sounds. (As Uleat stated above) Interesting.
Not even close. Uleat said we do stuff wrong. Which we do.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:23 PM
Uleat
Developer

I got lucky..I found this line and got suspicious https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob.../mob.cpp#L1170

Compilin' Dirty
Old 11-06-2017, 11:57 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

They did flush out gravity behavior in newer clients. Anyone see if flymode 0 works fine on older clients?
Old 11-06-2017, 03:26 PM
WarAngel
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
They did flush out gravity behavior in newer clients. Anyone see if flymode 0 works fine on older clients?
I logged into my personal server...

-SoF : Flymode 0, 1, 2 worked as intended
-Titanium : Flymode 0, 1, 2 worked as intended
-RoF2 : Flymode 0, 1, 2 Worked as intended

Thank god for GM mode....dropping hurts!!
-Eric
Old 11-06-2017, 03:31 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarAngel View Post
I logged into my personal server...

-SoF : Flymode 0, 1, 2 worked as intended
-Titanium : Flymode 0, 1, 2 worked as intended
-RoF2 : Flymode 0, 1, 2 Worked as intended

Thank god for GM mode....dropping hurts!!
-Eric
I meant for mobs :P

It looks like we need to actually manage flymode manually in code now. We can always translate older clients to the right thing if we need to.

RoF/RoF2 does have higher fly modes (I linked the enum earlier) and you can change NPC's flymode on the fly with OP_SpawnAppearance (although, I'll need to verify that in older clients)
Old 11-06-2017, 07:02 PM
Uleat
Developer

I just got in..booting up my server now.

EDIT: Just tested Ti and SoF and both play walking sounds with FlyMode0.

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 11-06-2017 at 07:15 PM..
Old 11-06-2017, 09:36 PM
WarAngel
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
I meant for mobs :P

It looks like we need to actually manage flymode manually in code now. We can always translate older clients to the right thing if we need to.

RoF/RoF2 does have higher fly modes (I linked the enum earlier) and you can change NPC's flymode on the fly with OP_SpawnAppearance (although, I'll need to verify that in older clients)
Right!! I was just uh, testing you, that's it...yeah testing you. Passed!!

I will go back to drawing charcoal on walls...

-Eric
Old 10-25-2018, 12:13 AM
WarAngel
Sarnak

I am curious if the Dev community has invested any brain bits into this issue (no walking sounds). I do understand that this is such a small cosmetic issue, so please do not feel that I am making demands. I did lurk in GitHub at the changelog, even though it makes no sense to look there. I just have no clue where to look to see if this was put on a "todo" list. If this issue is in a "todo" list, that is all I can ask for and I am happy with that knowledge. You dev folks are heroes in my eyes, I cannot say enough how happy I am to be playing EQEmu. I hope to keep playing 20 years or more from now.

P.S. By the way... the wife, after seeing me tamper with the database and playing the game for the past two years, said I should go to school and learn database and do that as a post retirement part time job. I felt stupid for not realizing that I enjoy the database aspect of computing. So, off to school!! And it is completely due to the EQEmu Developers and what they have done. Been so frustrated figuring out what I wanted to do for a second career. Cheers!!

-Eric
Old 05-12-2019, 03:55 PM
WarAngel
Sarnak

Been meaning to post this for a long time for anyone who plays EQ solo and runs their own server...

Until the Dev Gods get time to look into the "Flymode 0" and missing walking sounds, I have a interesting workaround. Make a "cons" and an "attack" macro (or any other of course) that includes "Flymode 0" in one of the lines. If you desire to hear the walking sounds like myself, this way at least you get to hear them running after you or walking by as you "con" them. Remember though that this is temporary. As the Flymode is hard coded, and any changes you make will reset when the server resets.
My inexperienced ideas on future fixes would be to add a database int in the NPC_Types that allows folks like me to customize the Flymode. Or maybe the Spawngroups having a int. That way every time the Mob spawns the program would change the Flymode to your desired int.
In the mean time, my goofy workaround gets us halfway there. Love the MACROS!! Hope Ye'all are doing good and CHEERS!!

P.S. Of course this is for us solo players with the appropriate GM status. I just make allow all my toons use GM abilities in order to fix things as I play.

-War

Tags
effect, npc, sound, stepping, walking