Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-25-2017, 11:44 AM
Didymus
Fire Beetle

It works!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2017, 11:46 AM
Didymus
Fire Beetle

Amazing !!!

Would be there a way to turn on or off stuff in the client?

Like guildmanager is not accessable with only kunark.
Any kinda work around on this or do you need to be a major haxxhaxxhaxxx.....
Old 03-25-2017, 12:28 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

well just have to find the place in the server code were it defines what is in each expansion setting and it should be a minor edit once you find that
Old 03-25-2017, 12:34 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

From one of grumpy's old posts, this list may work:
Code:
0 - classic
1 - ruins of kunark
2 - scars of velious
4 - shadows of luclin
8 - planes of power
16 - legacy of ykesha
32 - lost dungeons of norrath
64 - gates of discord
128 - omens of war
256 - dragons of norrath
512 - depths of darkhallow
1024 - prophecy of ro
2048 - serpent's spine
4096 - the burried sea
8192 - secrets of faydwer

Add the numbers up to give you the expansion you want.

0 + 1 + 2 + 8 + 16 + 32 + 64 = 123 (For GoD)
Old 03-25-2017, 02:00 PM
provocating
Demi-God

This has always worked. What is the revelation here? You may have to dig up prior post, but it has always worked. It is just for client specific things though, not much in the database itself.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:11 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
This has always worked. What is the revelation here? You may have to dig up prior post, but it has always worked. It is just for client specific things though, not much in the database itself.
Rejoyce in the newly re-found knowledge. But, bringing it to light again helped people, so all is well?
Old 03-25-2017, 02:22 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Yes, it is a good thing. I was just confused thinking it was broken at some point, but looking back at the source I see it has not changed. So the entire thread confused me.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:41 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Hmm? None of the off the shelf databases had the option to change World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings. If you knew to add in that row in the database then you must have kept that a secret lol.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:30 PM
Uleat
Developer

There was a time when running a server required intimate knowledge of many things..that time has passed...

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...elog.txt#L4203

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-25-2017, 03:39 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
There was a time when running a server required intimate knowledge of many things..that time has passed...

Line 203 that you referenced:
"Secrets: Added expansion settings to the rule_values table instead of the variables. The PVP settings will also be here now, too. (See Optional SQL with this update.)"

We aren't saying the code was bad. We are saying that the databases never accurately reflected the code. By indirectly saying we don't have intimate knowledge are you saying that you expect everyone to verify all the code that refers to rule_values? If you verified it yourself and knew this was a problem then why didn't you help the numerous threads of people who couldn't get it to work?

The fact is that Grumpy is the first person to discover this problem in the PEQ based databases and/or was the first one to share it so he deserves all the credit.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:14 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:

This is kind of where my thoughts were going. Having to learn my kernel, trim down the kernel. Search for those Linux dependencies, gather them up. Edit the Eq2Emu source when things do not fit to my liking, those kinds of chestnuts.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:17 PM
provocating
Demi-God

And with these things, I am leaving the thread. There is no problem, was never a problem.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:20 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

The only thing I discovered was the fact the actual "rule" was not added into the rules_values in database.
I have already know for a long time, that all the rules added in the source code (ruletypes.h) are not all
added in the peq database.
One just has to simply add that rule_value in their database. The only reason I brought it up here, was
because people who download pre-compiled binaries (installer), will not know about this.
But people who actually build their own server and compile their own source code have this knowledge.
What Uleat was referring to here :
Quote:
You didn't get the server compiled for you. You had to do it yourself. I don't think the "Installer" is meant to give
anyone a "cutomized" server. You have to do that yourself. That would mean learning. Much of it is covered on
these forums in the past.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:08 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Firstly this is a PROBLEM with the peq database you can't argue with that. There is an expansionsetting rule that does nothing since it is disabled on the server. Does that make sense? It is misleading you to believe the setting works when it doesn't because it's companion setting is missing from the database. So if I was cavedude I would fix this problem.

Again even if you know that not all code rule values are in the database this wouldn't be obvious unless you basically have the rule values pretty much memorized and like grumpy, were actively searching through them in the server code for weeks like he was. If he didn't stumble across this it would be broken for virtually all of us for a very long time.

That said no I did not know that all the server rule values weren't in the database. It is pretty normal to assume they are. I'm sure most if not all of you were actually told by someone about this. I have compiled my own server code many times and built my own server from scratch many times and even made edits to my server code and I still never knew this because no I didn't randomly spend lots of time inside 1 out of hundreds of server code files...

So don't hate.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:12 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

Anyway... I'm getting an error now your xml files don't match up with current everquest files type thing and it references a bank button in my uierrors.txt file in my client.

So my question is, how do I hack this error so it doesn't show? Is this error message coming from the server or client and how do I disable it?

I appreciate any help.