Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 05-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Null
Sarnak

I went back and tried what you did, setting the ID to 3500 and it exploded...silently. I fixed the bug and here is the build:

1.8.2 (no video)

Let me know if it gives you anymore troubles.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:16 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null View Post
I went back and tried what you did, setting the ID to 3500 and it exploded...silently. I fixed the bug and here is the build:

1.8.2 (no video)

Let me know if it gives you anymore troubles.
will do thanks man
Old 05-19-2011, 11:59 PM
Astal
Hill Giant

nevermind, sigh
Old 08-21-2011, 01:19 AM
krujo81
Fire Beetle

Hay i was wondering if you keep up with this anymore?. i been waiting on a vearsion that lets me edit spell id and target type.

the current target type box is empty. and as for the edit spell id's i was wondering if it was posabile to notice holes in the spellfile id's like for example 2345 2346-2350 and you could select any of the open ID's to put in your spell before just adding to the next highest ID
Old 09-08-2011, 08:10 PM
Null
Sarnak

Default Null Spell Editor v1.8.3

I believe I fixed the target type drop down issue, the formatting changed in one of the header files so I had to update it.

The editor should have a 'Set to Lowest ID' menu option under spells, let me know if that does what you want.

Here is the new build:
Null Spell Editor v1.8.3
Old 09-08-2011, 08:29 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Thanks Null! The target type is working fine for me now.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:34 PM
krujo81
Fire Beetle

Hay null thanks for the update the only thing about the find next id's i was talking about is for some reason i was told Not to use spell id 0-3? cant remember how many but i know 0-2 for sure wasn't to be used. so i was hopeing it could scan the file and find all id's then give you refrence slots like it would see the 0-3 and 400-800 and 700-1000 and then lets say you edit the ID to 701 and the next scan would show 700 702-1000
Old 10-22-2011, 03:50 PM
Null
Sarnak

1.8.3 with videos as requested:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7751891/NullSpellEdit_1.8.3.rar
Old 01-17-2012, 02:57 AM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

Hey Null! Been a while man. I want to thank you again for all the work you've done on this editor.

I just recently came across an issue with assigning requirements to spells. For some reason the diety/dieties I select won't stick. I'm trying to create a diety restricted spell for the purpose of making custom spells for each class/diety mix. After I assign the diety, if I select the spell on the left side of the menu again, it shows a check mark for a diety other than the one I'm trying to assign.

Here's an example:

I select Yaulp, a level 1 Cleric spell, and assign it to Innoruuk. If I reselect the spell on the left side box again, it shows Quellious as checked instead of Inny. If I try to uncheck Quellious, then reselect the spell again on the left side, it still shows as checked. In order to clear that check mark from Quellious, I have to check Innoruuk, uncheck it, then reselect the spell to clear Quellious.

All I know is, that feature is functioning completely out of whack and I'm not sure why. Some help would be appreciated.

QUICK RUN DOWN

Check Innoruuk
Select spell
Quellious checked instead of Innoruuk
Select spell
Check Innoruuk
Uncheck Innoruuk
Select spell
Quellious deselected

The rest seem to be pretty much the same in that they don't select/deselect as they should.

EDIT

Here's a quick edit to give a run down of what check selects what diety:

Bertoxxulos - works fine, selects and deselects no problem
Cazic Thule - selects Brell Serilis, check/uncheck Cazic Thule to deselect Brell Serilis
Bristlebane - selects Cazic Thule, check/uncheck Bristlebane to deselect Cazic Thule
Karana - selects Erollisi Marr, check/uncheck Karana to deselect Erollisi Marr
Prexus - selects Bristlebane, check/uncheck Prexus to deselect Bristlebane
Rallos Zek - selects Innoruuk, check/uncheck Rallos Zek to deselect Bristlebane
Solusek Ro - selects Karana, check/uncheck Solusek Ro to deselect Karana
Tunare - works fine, selects and deselects no problem
Brell Serilis - selects Mithaniel Marr, check/uncheck Brell Serilis to deselect Mithaniel Marr
Erollisi Marr - selects Prexus, check/uncheck Erollisi Marr to deselect Prexus
Innoruuk - selects Quellious, check/uncheck Quellious to deselect Quellious
Mithaniel Marr - selects Rallos Zek, check/uncheck Mithaniel Marr to deselect Rallos Zek
Quellious - selects Rodcet Nife, check/uncheck Quellious to deselect Rodcet Nife
Rodcet Nife - selects Solusek Ro, check/uncheck Rodcet Nife to deselect Solusek Ro
The Tribunal - works fine, selects and deselects no problem

Clearly there's an issue with the linkage of the selection boxes and the proper diety.

Here's an easier to read summary:

Broken

Cazic Thule > Brell Serilis
Bristlebane > Cazic Thule
Karana > Erollisi Marr
Prexus > Bristlebane
Rallos Zek > Innoruuk
Solusek Ro > Karana
Brell Serilis > Mithaniel Marr
Erollisi Marr > Prexus
Innoruuk > Quellious
Mithaniel Marr > Rallos Zek
Quellious > Rodcet Nife
Rodcet Nife > Solusek Ro

Working

Bertoxxulos
Tunare
The Tribunal

EDIT 2

Well, it seems through my testing you can cast a spell regardless of your class diety and whether or not you set it for a specific diety (just tested with a Gnome Cleric following Brell Serillis using a spell restricted to Innoruuk in the spell file), so I guess it's irrelevant in the end. The only way to limit a specific spell is on the scroll itself, from what I've seen, but it would still be nice to get that fixed if there is any reason for it existing outside of my tests.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:01 AM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

Default Request for numhits & field175 to be implemented in the editor.

It has come to my attention that some spells have what could be considered charges. Take for example the spell Burning Aura. It has a maximum of 240 charges before it dissipates. Field175 I believe refers to the type of spell being used, and only spells that have the numhits field populated have anything in field175. Burning Aura has a value of 1 in Field175, for example.

I looked and the values range between 1-9 (minus 4) and I've cross checked each of them with several spells in each value, but I couldn't link them to anything specific on the spell data from Allakhazam.

I thought it was liked to Category on Allakhazam, but I came across several anomalies that didn't seem to welcome that theory, however.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

It is a category, its called "numhits_type" on what.the.fizzle(alla is pretty useless for anything higher end... spell parser-wise)

This is from an old server of mine when I combed through w.t.f and organized them as best I could:

Code:
NUMHIT_AEMAX = 0, 				// max target in cone/beam/unknown(32) spells
NUMHIT_INCOMINGMELEE = 1, 		// melee hits landing on you
NUMHIT_OFFENSIVEMELEE = 2, 		// outgoing melee attacks
NUMHIT_INCOMINGDETRISPELL = 3, 	// incoming detrimental spells 
NUMHIT_OFFENSIVECAST = 4, 		// spells/procs
NUMHIT_OFFENSIVEMELEE2 = 5, 	// All melee skills
NUMHIT_INCOMINGMELEE2 = 6, 		// same
NUMHIT_CASTSPELL = 7, 			// any cast spell matching focus
NUMHIT_ANYDAMAGE = 8,			// spell or melee dmg
NUMHIT_INCOMINGDETRISPELL2 = 9,	// guessed
NUMHIT_SPELLPROC = 10, 			// buff procs etc
NUMHIT_SPELLPROC2 = 11 			// same
The current numhits code is pretty sloppy(mostly my bad) but it gets the job done. I do have a diff of all the categories incorporated unfortunately its mixed with 15k other lines and it was mainly cosmetic. For example, Skin of the Reptile is numhits_type 10 which means its numhits only last for XX buff procs but the code currently checks for buffs like this on every melee swing so the field is not needed in that instance.

Its not ideal however as we have bits all over and to add support for other types means spreading even more around.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:10 PM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatis View Post
It is a category, its called "numhits_type" on what.the.fizzle(alla is pretty useless for anything higher end... spell parser-wise)

This is from an old server of mine when I combed through w.t.f and organized them as best I could:

Code:
NUMHIT_AEMAX = 0, 				// max target in cone/beam/unknown(32) spells
NUMHIT_INCOMINGMELEE = 1, 		// melee hits landing on you
NUMHIT_OFFENSIVEMELEE = 2, 		// outgoing melee attacks
NUMHIT_INCOMINGDETRISPELL = 3, 	// incoming detrimental spells 
NUMHIT_OFFENSIVECAST = 4, 		// spells/procs
NUMHIT_OFFENSIVEMELEE2 = 5, 	// All melee skills
NUMHIT_INCOMINGMELEE2 = 6, 		// same
NUMHIT_CASTSPELL = 7, 			// any cast spell matching focus
NUMHIT_ANYDAMAGE = 8,			// spell or melee dmg
NUMHIT_INCOMINGDETRISPELL2 = 9,	// guessed
NUMHIT_SPELLPROC = 10, 			// buff procs etc
NUMHIT_SPELLPROC2 = 11 			// same
The current numhits code is pretty sloppy(mostly my bad) but it gets the job done. I do have a diff of all the categories incorporated unfortunately its mixed with 15k other lines and it was mainly cosmetic. For example, Skin of the Reptile is numhits_type 10 which means its numhits only last for XX buff procs but the code currently checks for buffs like this on every melee swing so the field is not needed in that instance.

Its not ideal however as we have bits all over and to add support for other types means spreading even more around.
Thanks for the clarification of the values, Caryatis, much appreciated.

I did notice that the numhits factor had no bearing on when or whether the spell would actually dissipate once those charges were met, so I knew there was some limiting factor in the code for the usefulness of numhits. You also mentioned that Skin of the Reptile uses type 10. When I was cross referencing the values for an explanation of their purpose, I saw that Reptile's value was set to 1 in my database. Do you think that the type value might play a factor in why most of my reverse procs don't function like I remember them functioning?

EDIT

I just tested Skin of the Reptile, setting numhits to 3 and numhits_type to 10, to see if it would dissipate after three procs but it doesn't seem to make any difference as it lasted the entire duration and proc'd 5 times. One thing of note though, it seems that average procs per minute limit the amount of procs that defensive procs are capable of putting out, which is contrary to what I remember happening. I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be independent of APM. I'm guessing there's no code implemented to take advantage of the numhits_type values in the spell file.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

I never said all types were working and the code I posted is from my server source, not the general source so the setting of that field is irrelevant.

Since I no longer commit, you might want to just do it yourself. Look at how it works for regular dmg shields and then add that in execweaponproc(which will work for any hit limited proc buff if you do it right).
Old 02-28-2012, 03:13 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Having an issue with bard aoe songs trying to affect NPCs.

They hit players fine using the AEBard target type, but are also trying to hit npcs, returning a crap load of these errors:

Your spell did not take hold.

Over and over and over and over and over...

Any idea how to prevent this? Maybe a LimitTarget effect, but what value? Is there a different target type I can use? I've tried AECaster, AEClientv1, AEClientv2, etc.

Completely lost here.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:07 PM
sorvani
Dragon

you are completely lost but that's ok. i just tested a fix for it.