Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:04 PM
Ponthel
Fire Beetle

I was thinking about coming back and playing some EqEmu but I can't for the life of me remember the cleverly obscure password I made up for my Login Server accounts. Creating a new account is not an option because I'd like to play on my old characters, not start new ones. Is password recovery ever going to be possible? Heck, I'd pay Rogean $5 to manually look it up for me if that's what it took.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:32 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

the real problem here that Rogean has no guaranteed way of verifying that you is indeed an original owner of the account, and not someone who just hacked original owners email. You could also be a vengeful brother of the original owner who is posting from his computer (IP check wise) to obtain the password and screw up with his account.
Possibilities are endless
Old 10-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Ponthel
Fire Beetle

I'd think that a Paypal transfer from the same email address linked to the account would be the best way to verify identity. If someone has access to your Paypal and the linked bank account, then your emulated Everquest account would be the least of your concerns.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:01 AM
fixiefyt
Fire Beetle

I just got back after two and a half years break trying to log in to my account Freak-dk on the Project 1999 server. The thing is, that I don’t remember my password. I have been trying to remember what E-mail account I used, but i can’t. Is it possible to get just a part of the Email address in a PM, so I can get back in the game?

Best regards

Freak
Old 12-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

fixiefyt please post your question under General::Server Discussion Project 1999 http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35700
Thank You and welcome back
Old 12-14-2012, 09:05 PM
foulgoat
Fire Beetle

Rather than sending LS password information over the web, why not send a EQemu security layer offer to all registered emails. Anyone who wishes to enter the security layer offers up their cell phone number. The cell number is not displayed anywhere in their account information. Could be stored on the LS server, instead of the web server. Anyone who makes a LS password request would get a text message of that password through one of those web to cell apps that they have for free on the net. Course you'll need to find one that suits yer needs. Similar to Diablo 3, Google, SWTOR, etc. That way you can avoid the web all together and do a direct automated response to the owners cell and .. WTH provide some relief to the moderators/devs.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:51 PM
CUCaution
Fire Beetle

Oh boy...
Old 08-12-2013, 05:17 PM
Mandalorian2K
Fire Beetle

I'm in the same boat as alot of others. Been away for about a year or so and I have my forum login information and believe I have the right login username, but keep getting db error-invalid password error. I tried everything I thought was correct and keep getting the error. I tried putting in my email and it said it didn't recognize that as the one on file, but I haven't changed it in years so I'm wondering if that information could be pm'd to me. I'm hoping someone didn't hack the account. I have a mid level necro already and would like to access that account without having to start over. Thanks
Old 08-13-2013, 11:11 PM
tweak24
Fire Beetle

Has there been any word on the attempt to retrieve based on Cell # or through paypal payment?
Old 09-19-2013, 01:45 AM
winz
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian2K View Post
I'm in the same boat as alot of others. Been away for about a year or so and I have my forum login information and believe I have the right login username, but keep getting db error-invalid password error. I tried everything I thought was correct and keep getting the error. I tried putting in my email and it said it didn't recognize that as the one on file, but I haven't changed it in years so I'm wondering if that information could be pm'd to me. I'm hoping someone didn't hack the account. I have a mid level necro already and would like to access that account without having to start over. Thanks
Did you ever receive an update perhaps?

Just like you, I have access to my email, eqemu forum, p99 forum... heck I still have the UI files with character names on my harddrive...
Old 10-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Tcc123321
Fire Beetle

Default Same boat

I'm with you guys. I haven't played in a year and I can't remember my LS password either. I've used the same g-mail account for this website since 10'. I'd gladly donate through paypal cause it is tied to the same e-mail.

Edit: Actually I made a donation to you guys back in 2011. If I PM'ed you the conformation number could you send my PW to the e-mail since I never changed it?

"This email confirms that you have donated $10.00 USD to Clifton Gibson (nilbog.project.1999@gmail.com) using PayPal."
Old 12-24-2013, 05:30 PM
beachbboy28
Fire Beetle

Not to give some bogus story, but trying to retrieve my account.. not coming up when i do forgot password for my e-mail address. I know the eq login screen name and character name.. can anyone help me with either a character move/LS recovery?
Old 01-19-2014, 03:22 AM
Krimzon
Fire Beetle

Alright well i'm in the same boat as alot of people are. I took some time off because I was clearly burnt out (and the fact that I was working alot tended to cut majorly into my EQ time) so that happened.

Besides that, I'm now trying to get BACK into the game but can't for the life of me remember my password to the Login Server Account.

Luckily a friend of mine is trying to help me get back in because he's been talking with a GM about the issues I'm having and the GM himself stated that my characters are fine, all of them.

The issue is I can't remember my PW to get into my account.

If anyone can PM me the PW or last part of my email, I'd be forever thankful.

Thanks.

-Krimzon
Old 03-17-2014, 12:22 AM
tandava108
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimzon View Post
Alright well i'm in the same boat as alot of people are. I took some time off because I was clearly burnt out (and the fact that I was working alot tended to cut majorly into my EQ time) so that happened.

Besides that, I'm now trying to get BACK into the game but can't for the life of me remember my password to the Login Server Account.

Luckily a friend of mine is trying to help me get back in because he's been talking with a GM about the issues I'm having and the GM himself stated that my characters are fine, all of them.

The issue is I can't remember my PW to get into my account.

If anyone can PM me the PW or last part of my email, I'd be forever thankful.

Thanks.

-Krimzon
Keep us posted on what they do for you. I am in the exact same scenario. I have the info for eqemu fine but I forgot my LS password. I was away for 3 years and wanted to come back. I had a 52 shaman with a boat ton of plat. Really disappointed that in 3 years nothing has changed in this department.
Old 11-12-2014, 06:02 AM
RonnyLie
Fire Beetle

yeah i got hackd and i was quite fast to reset my passwords but i need to wait 3days to do another reset password on my LS account becuse it got faild since the person already change my passwords.. Is there any way i can get them without waiting 3days? its my mail and sms verification and login and im the original owner for it all..