Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-03-2019, 02:35 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Default Clumsy's World: Resurgence - Now Live!

Clumsy's World: Resurgence

Website | Discord

Introduction

Clumsy's World (CW) has returned! The first iteration of CW ran from 2006 to 2012 and it has finally returned. CW is a semi-custom, 2-box, legit, Kunark-era server with newer QoL features, and custom modern amenities. CW is not a classic-progression server. The server will progress to Velious naturally then move into completely custom content. CW aims to be a medium between being casual-friendly while still providing challenging end-game content. Most of what you know from Kunark still exists but many things are tweaked or customized to fit into our vision. Your knowledge is still relevant but there will still be new twists and experiences.

Lore

What the players know, as of Velious, is that Kerafyrm was the illegal child of two opposing elemental dragons, creating a powerful prismatic dragon. Kerafyrm rose quickly to great strengths, becoming an exceptional general, but developed an insatiable hatred and blood-lust. Because of this he was seen as a threat by the Council of Elders and Veeshan sentenced him to death. An acquaintance of Kerafyrm's decided instead to lock him away in a prison, known as Sleeper's Tomb.

During his rise to power Kerafyrm acquired many followers; they were known as Ancients. Who are they, what were their motivations, and what would become of them if the Sleeper were ever set free?

CW dives straight into the world you remember and expands on the stories of the Ancients and follows the Resurgence of Kerafyrm. Come join us as we embark on this journey.

So What Can You Expect?
  • No Tutorial
  • Experience rates tailored to favor groups over solo play
  • Heavy server-wide tuning of difficulties and mechanics (most raids can be done with 2-4 groups).
  • Nerfed/Removed Items Reintroduced to the game
  • Removal/Re-purposing of Out-of-Era items
  • Raid Instancing
  • Modified Loot Tables
  • Scions/Boats replaced with Translocators
  • Content-locked at Classic-Velious (Kunark is open at the start)
  • Quality of life improvements like Extended Targeting and Click-from-bag
  • Experience Loss & Corpse Retrievals
  • The Ancients: Completely Unique Group/Raid Encounters
  • Custom & Revamped Dungeons
  • Custom Quests
  • Upgradeable Armor, Weapons, Accessories, and Charms
  • No Required/Recommended Levels
  • Majority of items are droppable (FV-style)
  • Hub Zone with Quest NPCs, Progression Trackers, Translocators, Soulbinder, Corpse Summoner, and more
  • Spellscriber: Complete quests to gain access to more powerful spells
  • Custom Kunark Gear Sets for Int Casters & Monks
  • Revamped Statistics and Restrictions on certain items
  • Various Custom NPCs/Quests/Items added to the existing world
  • Challenge Encounters that test player's coordination and endurance in difficult wave/ring style events
  • Additional Race/Class Combinations
  • Pets can tank and hold aggro
  • Cultural Armor
  • Alchemy Distillates and Potions
  • Player Mentoring (De-level to play with lower level friends)

Look forward to seeing you online!
Old 10-03-2019, 03:28 PM
Ozium
Sarnak

did you ever bump ooc regen? seemed to be classic glacier slow
Old 10-03-2019, 06:08 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozium View Post
did you ever bump ooc regen? seemed to be classic glacier slow
Nope, OOC regen isn't a QoL feature we employ. We instead choose to itemize regeneration more.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:58 PM
danxxx
Fire Beetle

Corpse runs and needing 24 people for raids on a private server that doesn't offer anything very unique and not solo friendly. I really don't see that happening. Even the most popular servers would have problems finding enough people for a 4 group raid.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:39 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by danxxx View Post
...and not solo friendly.
These kind of discussions always end up in the same loop. Solo players "pushing" for what they want. (100's of them on these forums). And they always play that "population" card, even after they read the initial post. (100's of them). I don't have anything against anybody's preference for game play, but reality is, there will ALWAYS be a variety of game mechanics on the EMU server list. It's not only welcome, it's needed. Population doesn't happen overnight for any type of server. It grows over time, if it does happen. But a mere couple of "opinions" don't set precedence for it.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:30 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
It grows over time, if it does happen. But a mere couple of "opinions" don't set precedence for it.
Everyone wants a populated server but no one wants to stick around and help it grow.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:31 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrsschb View Post
Everyone wants a populated server but no one wants to stick around and help it grow.
Exactly. It's like everyone wants a family, but nobody wants to start one, they want the built-in family, lol.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:46 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

I'll go ahead and address these points though.

Quote:
Corpse runs
There is a corpse summoner if you're too lazy to get your body.

Quote:
needing 24 people for raids
Most content has been completed with 2 groups or less. My custom content has not been attempted yet.

Quote:
a private server that doesn't offer anything very unique
I don't know who you were ingame so I can't comment on how much content you saw, but I do know you weren't a beta tester which tells me you didn't do anything significant. And there are only two players who have hit level 60 since launch so... How can you say a server offers nothing unique when you haven't even played it?

Quote:
not solo friendly.
Many things have been added to the game to tone down the difficulty of certain things or to increase the power of certain classes. With most content being completed by two or fewer groups, I'm not sure how much easier you expect it to be. It's not a solo-server and that is clearly apparent by reading the server description.

With that said, we have a suggestions forum where you can bring your ideas to light. I definitely have a plan for the server and will stick closely to it, but many suggestions have made their way in game and I can honestly say many of those were never even on my radar.

Either way, I hope you find the server that fits your style!
Old 10-23-2019, 12:14 AM
tako_EQ
Fire Beetle

tried out server when it went live

everyone else playing was a "beta" tester and already had fungi tunics and epics and everything else that they brought with them from beta

after that i logged off and didnt play again
Old 10-23-2019, 09:35 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tako_EQ View Post
tried out server when it went live

everyone else playing was a "beta" tester and already had fungi tunics and epics and everything else that they brought with them from beta

after that i logged off and didnt play again
I can see your point on this. Reality is though there were only 4 beta testers so it's a small impact overall and just means more of their gear gets passed down to new players at a faster rate. The beta testers helped me fix over 400 issues and contributed many implemented ideas before launch so I wanted to reward them. The beta was open for nearly 3 months and we welcomed as much help as we could get.
Old 10-25-2019, 08:39 AM
gnomcide
Fire Beetle

Ive been playing on Clumsy since 1.0. Ive never seen raid content that required more than 2 groups. The custom content has needed a bit more. With weekly changed hotzones there is always a low dungeon for new players to cruise through and collect enough cash to buy custom charms to make being low less inconvenient. There is always an older player unloading gear on new server members. The pop is lower than i'd like but we have enough returning players leveled to do planes + right now. I play a few hours at night a few times per week. This is not a grind. Cheers
Old 11-05-2019, 08:33 PM
Brontolith
Fire Beetle

The server is great! Community is small right now but everyone so far has been very helpful. Hope we can get some more people to play on the server. Dev is active on discord and responds to any post in the #bug or #is-this-intended section and usually pretty fast to. Liking the new race/class combos. QoL improvements help tons. Corpse runs can be fun and exciting but every now and then you only have a few mins to play and you know you cant get to your corpse in that amount of time so having a corpse summoner helps when you if you want to just get in a play for a few minutes and still get something accomplished. Some easy to find custom quest that you receive every 10 levels reward some nice stated gear for the level you get them. Finally getting up there in levels and cant wait to get in on some higher tier content.