Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 02-21-2019, 12:59 PM
lctucker2999
Sarnak

Default Is there a way to see the current value of a qglobal?

First off, I apologize in advance for being a true novice at all of this. That being said, I was trying to repop Vex Thal last night and realized AHR wasn't popping, even with #repop force due to (I assume) the qglobal {aten} timer being defined, as a player on my server must have recently killed her. I had set her respawn time to 4 hours, so the qglobal in the script upon her death was defined and set to 4 hours.

Checking the qglobal entry in the database in Heidi, I did indeed find the qglobal {aten} defined, and the set to expire column had some big number that I assume corresponded to a time and date, but I couldn't figure out how to convert it to something I could understand. It was something like 15300478145173 (I made that up, but something similar)

Is there an in-game GM command to check qglobal values? If not, how would I go about figuring that out in the database? Also, I assume if I wanted to force a repop I would simply need to delete that qglobal value from the database since that is what prevents her from popping in the script, yes?

As I learn more about this I am starting to come up with fun ideas for quests that use timers, so I'd like to continue to shore up my knowledge. Thank you for your time!
Old 02-21-2019, 03:01 PM
joligario
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lctucker2999 View Post
something like 15300478145173
UNIX Time. I think the PEQ editor converts it for you. If not, I'm sure there are online calculators.

Quote:
delete that qglobal value from the database
One sure fire way to find out...
Old 02-21-2019, 04:57 PM
ondaphone
Fire Beetle

#globalview or #viewglobal, one of those, I haven't used it since the inception of buckets and even then I would normally use the DB. But in a similar use case, I would use the GM command.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:25 PM
lctucker2999
Sarnak

Awesome the UNIX time thing makes perfect sense, thank you. I highly suspect deleting the qglobal value would allow me to force respawn AHR, since that value is currently nowhere to be seen in the database, so I bet she's up if I were able to log in right now. I will most definitely confirm tonight to be sure, but I think I got all my questions answered.

Thanks again to both of you!