Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Misc > Archive::Off Topic

Archive::Off Topic Archive area for Off Topic's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 10-09-2002, 11:45 AM
Hardy
Dragon

Default Asherons Call Emu

Anyone know a good one? Currently at uas.ath.cx, but every time i seem to get on that one it crashes. Waiting for there post now to hopefully get some help.
Old 10-27-2002, 12:08 PM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

all of the asheron call emulators are dead.
Old 10-28-2002, 02:36 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

HAhahahahahahahahha shows how much that game sucks
Old 10-29-2002, 05:25 AM
Hardy
Dragon

they not dead: http://uas.ath.cx/ Been playing on there servers off and on
Old 10-30-2002, 12:28 PM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

yeah, sorry for the misleading information.

Awhile ago they all were dead.. but they have around 3 nice ones around.
Old 10-30-2002, 01:53 PM
Hardy
Dragon

Yea, they now made a Quake style server, have yet to check that one out, should be fun. I see about the same amount of users on them as I do on here, so its about just as popular
Old 11-09-2002, 07:01 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

sounds.. different lol
Old 11-23-2002, 09:14 AM

Asheron's Call sucks... End of Story!!!

-Wizzel
Old 12-10-2005, 09:59 AM
abaddon
Sarnak

currently the only Asheron's Call server I have been able to locate is the UAS project (which by the way has changed sites.. it is now http://www.uas.cc ) however they stopped working on it a couple years ago.

I however along with a few friends equally as bored as myself have restarted the UAS project. for information on new developments check the following link:

http://lustmybody.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49
Old 12-10-2005, 12:03 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon
currently the only Asheron's Call server I have been able to locate is the UAS project (which by the way has changed sites.. it is now http://www.uas.cc ) however they stopped working on it a couple years ago.

I however along with a few friends equally as bored as myself have restarted the UAS project. for information on new developments check the following link:

http://lustmybody.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49

way to respond to a post that was from 11-23-2002, 09:14 PM

hope ya feel special, cause we all think you are now.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:50 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

While I agree that he's "special," it's from remembering his previous post history in here (see his recent posts).

But keep in mind different people will draw the line at different places as to how long a post should be inactive before posting in it is a blatant act of "necromancy" versus a legitimate update to the thread. Some might believe that if they really have something significant to say to the thread, they should revive the thread even if it's been dormant for years.

The fact that the Archive forums are on read/write status conveys to some that the mods here don't have a problem with reviving old threads. If that practice is indeed frowned upon, there's a quick and easy way to solve it: lock the Archive forums into read-only status. (IMO, that's what should have happened all along.)
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:37 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerDown
While I agree that he's "special," it's from remembering his previous post history in here (see his recent posts).
exactly, wasnt just going off this one incident

Quote:
But keep in mind different people will draw the line at different places as to how long a post should be inactive before posting in it is a blatant act of "necromancy" versus a legitimate update to the thread. Some might believe that if they really have something significant to say to the thread, they should revive the thread even if it's been dormant for years.
do I need to requote the first part lol

Quote:
The fact that the Archive forums are on read/write status conveys to some that the mods here don't have a problem with reviving old threads. If that practice is indeed frowned upon, there's a quick and easy way to solve it: lock the Archive forums into read-only status. (IMO, that's what should have happened all along.)
Wish I could, however the Dev in charge of the forums almost never come here, but you already know this. A 3 year old post should have been locked for a long time IMO.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:44 AM
mattmeck

HA Guess I could change it =)