Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:54 PM
eqaverse
Fire Beetle

Default Any classic servers that allow multiple accounts/IP

Hello,

I am returning to EQ and my children are now old enough to play their own toons. Are there any servers that are clones of P1999 that allow multiple accounts per IP address? I've submitted an exemption request for my son's account and not heard back from them and I am toying with the idea of finding a group of friends to try to set up lan parties of EQ nights to adventure together, which of course would have them all logging in from my home IP. Any advice/suggestions are appreciated!
Old 08-19-2017, 10:58 AM
fryguy
Sarnak

Project 2002 allows the playing of 3 toons from the same IP without an exemption, they are on luclin right now. Decent player base (No where near the size of P99, then again no one is)

Last edited by fryguy; 08-19-2017 at 10:58 AM.. Reason: URL
Old 09-04-2017, 03:45 PM
sunbeam
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryguy View Post
Project 2002 allows the playing of 3 toons from the same IP without an exemption, they are on luclin right now. Decent player base (No where near the size of P99, then again no one is)
Do you play on that one?

Kind of getting the urge to play again. Probably trying something reasonably laid back like a mage/cleric duo.

But while I can put up with old school rules, I can't go back to whatever client they had going. I can get it to run, but there was some wacky crap going on with the mouse cursor and windows, though it's been a while.

There are two servers doing... Al'Kabor stuff. Is there one where I can use something later than Titanium as the client? Whatever Sony did with the client it was a lot more stable and easier to use later. Just really don't want to box with the old Titanium client, let alone that thing that the Al'Kabor project kludged up. While I guess you could solo with some classes, the ones that can probably aren't really wanted much doing fear break ins and the like.

So if I played on one of them, I'd really like to be able to have two windows, not running in windowed mode, particulalarly since I'd like a browser window open at the same time.
Old 09-12-2017, 06:05 PM
merlinsghost
Fire Beetle

P2002 is not very populated, they can barely get 150 characters on at the same time and that may sound like a decent number but 20 or so are bazaar vendor characters, 10-20 are just afk sitting in pok all day and since p2002 is a 3 box server and 90%+ of the pop box they are lucky if they get 40-50 RL players on at the same time, not to mention the Admins there are part of the top guild (go figure right) and if you check their allaclone site there is a magelo link, if you click on that and then search powerslave and look at some of their main people, like Tollen (who is also a admin for p2002 discord) they got GM only illusions in their ammo slots, no other guild has anyone with that stuff (go figure again right). They will probably claim GM event BS just like they tried covering up their low pop numbers when someone posted on another site about how low it was, they the very next day toke their population counter down from their main page. Again, let me guess it just stopped working all of a sudden again right. If you dont mind playing on a server that has less then 50 ACTUAL ppl and corrupt owners that dumb down boss for their guild and then once they are done farming that boss do changes to make them harder so the only other REAL raiding guild has trouble killing it so they dont have real competition then p2002 is for you, of course you'll get the fanboys denying this (what few there are) but go ahead and check for yourself if u like, dont take my word for it, pretty easy to find all this stuff out just by searching other forums, even their own.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:13 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinsghost View Post
P2002 is not very populated, they can barely get 150 characters on at the same time and that may sound like a decent number but 20 or so are bazaar vendor characters, 10-20 are just afk sitting in pok all day and since p2002 is a 3 box server and 90%+ of the pop box they are lucky if they get 40-50 RL players on at the same time, not to mention the Admins there are part of the top guild (go figure right) and if you check their allaclone site there is a magelo link, if you click on that and then search powerslave and look at some of their main people, like Tollen (who is also a admin for p2002 discord) they got GM only illusions in their ammo slots, no other guild has anyone with that stuff (go figure again right). They will probably claim GM event BS just like they tried covering up their low pop numbers when someone posted on another site about how low it was, they the very next day toke their population counter down from their main page. Again, let me guess it just stopped working all of a sudden again right. If you dont mind playing on a server that has less then 50 ACTUAL ppl and corrupt owners that dumb down boss for their guild and then once they are done farming that boss do changes to make them harder so the only other REAL raiding guild has trouble killing it so they dont have real competition then p2002 is for you, of course you'll get the fanboys denying this (what few there are) but go ahead and check for yourself if u like, dont take my word for it, pretty easy to find all this stuff out just by searching other forums, even their own.

This is completely accurate.

Big reason why I /deleted all of my characters.

Old 09-15-2017, 12:00 AM
Nob
Fire Beetle

You could check out gates of time and see if you wanna try it.
Not a huge pop yet but allows 3 box and you could inquire for an exemption for your lans.
http://gatesoftime.com/index.php
theres a discord link on the main page if you have further questions.
Cheers wherever you land.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:44 PM
TheRealTombs
Fire Beetle

I play on Gates of Time server and we have a member who plays with his 8 year old and 5 year old and both of the kids love it.

http://www.gatesoftime.com/forums/
http://gatesoftime.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
Old 09-16-2017, 11:35 AM
sunbeam
Sarnak

Wow, just got the client for Al'Kabor and logged on.

Even aside from the boxing thing, really not sure I have any desire to play there. Not because of the players or anything, but after having spell sets to memorize, and little things like being able to get up from sitting just by moving...

Hard to go back to that. Think I may have come a client too far to go back. Heck that's before maps too right? Geez, I dunno. Starting to think it is not my cup of tea now.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:20 PM
Titanas
Fire Beetle

https://epicemu.com/
I Would love to have some more people to play with on this server.