Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:11 PM
Cazzic
Fire Beetle

Default ERROR 1018 at server Login

Hi guys,

I've recently started playing on the project 1999 server but I continuously get the error 1018 message when I try to login. The problem persists for hours and I usually can't log back in until the next day.

I don't know what is causing the problem but if there is an easy fix or temporary fix I would love to get some feedback and advice on the matter.

thanks!
Old 10-31-2012, 10:25 PM
opyrus
Hill Giant

the 1018 error usually means that the account your trying to login is already connected to the server. for example you lose connection but the server still thinks your logged in. common things to try to fix the problem are restarting the system or power cycling your modem. info source = http://lmgtfy.com/?q=everquest+1018+error
Old 11-07-2012, 08:53 PM
slappytwotoes
Fire Beetle

Default Still Needs Solution

I'm having the same problem and this is my 3rd time in 3 weeks dealing with it.

Restart doesn't help, looks like a server-side issue not client-side. GMs for Project1999 say its an EQEmu problem and nothing they can do. Eventually after 1-3 days I can log in again but that seems ridiculous.

Doing a search of P1999 forums, these forums and Google shows a lot of threads asking for help with this issue but none have a solution.

I've tried re-patching with the patcher to no avail. Later tonight I'll have a friend try logging on from his house and see if its an IP issue.

Anyone else have any ideas or gotten anything to work?
Old 11-07-2012, 09:47 PM
slappytwotoes
Fire Beetle

Default More info

My friend got the same error on my account when logging on from his house. His account logged in fine afterward.

So its not client or IP specific...

I tried logging into another server on the list and I get to character select just fine. Just get the Error 1018 with my login to Project1999.

Any success stories or troubleshooting ideas anyone?

Need to force the server to stop thinking my account is actively logged in when it's clearly not.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:33 AM
trevius
Developer

If your issue only occurs when trying to connect to P99, but other servers work fine, then you need to look for support on the P99 forums. We can't/don't support server specific issues here. These forums are for general EQEmu related issues.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:33 PM
enr4ged
Fire Beetle

My friend is having this same issue. Where he gets a 1018 error out of nowhere and can't connect for up to days at a time. Even without any disconnects or crashes or anything. I have tried reaching out on the P99 forums and the response was:

"This is something that happens at the login server, and not P99 specifically. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about this particular error within our jurisdiction."

"i agree, but sadly P99 does not control the login server."

Is there someway we can get this issue solved? I know a lot of people have this issue and no one assumes ownership of the issue. Maybe we can get someone to work together to pinpoint the cause. I'd be happy to intermediate if we can help get this solved. I just want to be able to play with friends.

Thanks for any help.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Fluffyfluff1
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by enr4ged View Post
My friend is having this same issue. Where he gets a 1018 error out of nowhere and can't connect for up to days at a time. Even without any disconnects or crashes or anything. I have tried reaching out on the P99 forums and the response was:

"This is something that happens at the login server, and not P99 specifically. Unfortunately there's nothing we can do about this particular error within our jurisdiction."

"i agree, but sadly P99 does not control the login server."

Is there someway we can get this issue solved? I know a lot of people have this issue and no one assumes ownership of the issue. Maybe we can get someone to work together to pinpoint the cause. I'd be happy to intermediate if we can help get this solved. I just want to be able to play with friends.

Thanks for any help.
Im having the same problem, have had it happen 4 times in 2 weeks. The only way the p1999 staff have been able to get the server to release my connection is to ban me and unban me. They have not offered any permanent solutions to this problem, as they claim it is an issue with EQemu, not p1999.

This is irritating.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:54 PM
enr4ged
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff1 View Post
Im having the same problem, have had it happen 4 times in 2 weeks. The only way the p1999 staff have been able to get the server to release my connection is to ban me and unban me. They have not offered any permanent solutions to this problem, as they claim it is an issue with EQemu, not p1999.

This is irritating.

I just wish we could get some help from someone, rather than the "it's not on our end" line. We're losing a lot of players due to this issue. There has to be someone willing to look into this.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:41 PM
Uleat
Developer

Have any of you guys playing on p1999 considered keeping an eye on your eqgame startup log file?

I'm still reading posts, but I have yet to see anyone post info from that file on the occurrence where they get bugged.

..it might be helpful...

EDIT: Remember, it's the one before you log in and get the error..not the one with the error...

Compilin' Dirty