Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-21-2019, 04:53 PM
woton
Sarnak

Holy cow man, that is way above and beyond.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:15 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by woton View Post
Holy cow man, that is way above and beyond.
Lol, all you have to do is copy and paste that into a text file and call it something like "missing_doors.sql" (it just has to have that ".sql" extention) then run it just like you did with that solo script.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:27 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Just to add a note here, after I downloaded that script and looked at, it's making inserts into the database, based on an "older" version than the current peq. I wouldn't be using something like this myself, but I would be concerned about issues due to the difference.
I'm not sure if the author is updating anything these days, but I noticed most of it is dated from 2018.(it makes reference to version 9125). Lots has has been updated with the PEQ since then.(currently at 9143).
Old 03-29-2020, 02:43 PM
dew1960
Sarnak

I got your solo server package, copied the files and ran the sql. Everything seems fine but there are not Bazaar merchants. Is there a way to fix this? Maybe I have a newer db version that isn't compatible but I got no errors when I ran the sql script, but I did get a notice about two warnings.

Adventure Unlimted - Underfoot!
Old 04-15-2020, 08:52 PM
djeryv
Hill Giant

The bazaar vendors work fine on a fresh install I did yesterday.
Old 04-17-2020, 12:31 PM
djeryv
Hill Giant

I just did a fresh install today of Ubuntu server and EQEmu. I went through my solo server package and found that there were some creatures (in the kill-this tasks) that no longer existed. I fixed all of them and added a random loot drop feature as well. As far as I can tell, everything seems to be working as advertised. As for a recent issue someone reported, I did check the Bazaar and all of the vendors I placed are there selling things.

There were some server rules that no longer exist, and I updated those as well to the newer rules on this version of EQEmu to help with the solo-friendly aspect.

There were a couple of zone-copies that I had to place an extra witch to spawn like Freeport and Nektulos Forest. This is so the witch is available no matter which version of the zone you may be in. This also had me change the query to delete the PoK books in those starter zones that have multiple versions. Some people hate that I delete those but I want my game to have the feel like the old days where you make an Ogre and you hang out in the jungle and slowly move out. Again, there are still PoK books but they are only in the farthest areas.

On a personal note, I come here every couple of years and update this package because it is every couple of years that I rebuild my EQ server from scratch. This pandemic is just causing me to want to play again. So the solo server package is updated with everything I changed/fixed.
Old 04-23-2020, 12:20 PM
Pallos
Fire Beetle

I got a bunch of errors when I sourced the SQL using Heidi, 16 to be exact and I just installed the server today so I believe the schema should be up to date..

/* Loading file "F:\EQserver\solo_server.sql" (827.7 KiB) into query tab #1 ... */
/* SQL Error (1062): Duplicate entry '800023' for key 'PRIMARY' */
/* SQL Error (1062): Duplicate entry '800020' for key 'PRIMARY' */
/* SQL Error (1062): Duplicate entry '800020-800020' for key 'PRIMARY' */
/* SQL Error (1062): Duplicate entry '800020-1' for key 'PRIMARY' */
/* SQL Error (1062): Duplicate entry '800015' for key 'PRIMARY' */
/* SQL Error (1062): Duplicate entry '800015' for key 'PRIMARY' */
/* SQL Error (1062): Duplicate entry '800015-800015' for key 'PRIMARY' */
/* SQL Error (1062): Duplicate entry '800087' for key 'PRIMARY' */
/* SQL Error (1062): Duplicate entry '800087' for key 'PRIMARY' */
/* SQL Error (1062): Duplicate entry '800087-800087' for key 'PRIMARY' */
/* SQL Error (1062): Duplicate entry '800088' for key 'PRIMARY' */
/* SQL Error (1062): Duplicate entry '800088' for key 'PRIMARY' */
/* SQL Error (1062): Duplicate entry '800088-800088' for key 'PRIMARY' */
/* SQL Error (1062): Duplicate entry '800000' for key 'PRIMARY' */
/* SQL Error (1265): Data truncated for column 'y' at row 4 */
/* SQL Error (1064): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'UNLOCK TABLES' at line 3 */
Old 04-23-2020, 03:59 PM
djeryv
Hill Giant

I don't know what your issue is...other than I go into the console and import stuff manually. I don't use Heidi or any 3rd party program so I don't know if that is the issue you are having. All I do know is that I did a fresh install of everything and sourced my file without incident less than a week ago. It almost looks like you are importing it twice hence the duplicate ID error.

EDIT: I just downloaded the files and sourced them with a fresh PEQ database without any errors, just to be sure. I have to assume Heidi is doing something wrong with the SQL file.
Old 04-24-2020, 07:57 PM
djeryv
Hill Giant

I added something fun today for my server and included it as a separate SQL file in my solo server package. If you import it, it will change your townsfolk and guards to use the newer character models so you don't have the classic models of guards and merchants (for examples) looking "classic" when you have the better graphics turned on. I also ran to the different cities with the graphics turned to the classic models and they all look great. The NPC appearances get randomized so everyone has a different look and outfit. It really diversifies the cities instead of most people looking identical.
Old 04-30-2020, 10:33 AM
bigwhitebuddha
Fire Beetle

Pallos,

I was receiving a similar error when using Heidi. I investigated, and discovered that there was a mistake in one of the locations for the Witches of the Velvet Order. If you load up Heidi, and go to the "Witches of the Velvet Order" section you will find the location for each witch. Find the one with the following location:

('800005', 'nektulos', '-977.896', '1564.54.54', '26.9251', '300', '1'),

If you look at this line, you will see that '1564.54.54' is incorrect. I changed it to '1564.54'. After that, it worked perfectly! Hopefully you find this helpful!
Old 04-30-2020, 03:24 PM
djeryv
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwhitebuddha View Post
Pallos,

I was receiving a similar error when using Heidi. I investigated, and discovered that there was a mistake in one of the locations for the Witches of the Velvet Order. If you load up Heidi, and go to the "Witches of the Velvet Order" section you will find the location for each witch. Find the one with the following location:

('800005', 'nektulos', '-977.896', '1564.54.54', '26.9251', '300', '1'),

If you look at this line, you will see that '1564.54.54' is incorrect. I changed it to '1564.54'. After that, it worked perfectly! Hopefully you find this helpful!
Thanks! I fixed the download package with this.
Old 04-30-2020, 10:09 PM
bigwhitebuddha
Fire Beetle

I have also run into an issue I could use help with. Currently, everything is looking good, but I am unable to speak with any of the witches (Except for the one in POK). I can see their character models, and can also hail them, but receive no dialog in response. This is not the case with any of the other custom added characters. Can anyone help with this?
Old 05-01-2020, 03:11 AM
djeryv
Hill Giant

Quote:
I have also run into an issue I could use help with. Currently, everything is looking good, but I am unable to speak with any of the witches (Except for the one in POK). I can see their character models, and can also hail them, but receive no dialog in response. This is not the case with any of the other custom added characters. Can anyone help with this?
Try standing on top of them and then hail them. If that works it is because I just realized (this morning) that the aggroradius plays a part in this and the solo_server.sql processes in an order that caused the witches to have a 15 instead of a 55 aggroradius. I fixed the main download zip package to fix this, but if this is truly your issue just run the query below to make it better.

UPDATE npc_types SET aggroradius=55 WHERE ( id>=800000 AND id<=800100 );

...and this to give the rest of the world a bit more reach to notice you...

UPDATE npc_types SET aggroradius=35 WHERE aggroradius>35;
Old 05-01-2020, 08:54 AM
bigwhitebuddha
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeryv View Post
Try standing on top of them and then hail them. If that works it is because I just realized (this morning) that the aggroradius plays a part in this and the solo_server.sql processes in an order that caused the witches to have a 15 instead of a 55 aggroradius. I fixed the main download zip package to fix this, but if this is truly your issue just run the query below to make it better.

UPDATE npc_types SET aggroradius=55 WHERE ( id>=800000 AND id<=800100 );

...and this to give the rest of the world a bit more reach to notice you...

UPDATE npc_types SET aggroradius=35 WHERE aggroradius>35;
Unfortunately, this did not fix the issue. It seems like the NPC's are aware of my "Hail". However, they give no response dialog after said "Hail".
Old 05-01-2020, 09:53 AM
djeryv
Hill Giant

Quote:
Unfortunately, this did not fix the issue. It seems like the NPC's are aware of my "Hail". However, they give no response dialog after said "Hail".
Which NPCs specifically?