Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-23-2023, 11:03 AM
eqgodmode1
Fire Beetle

Default Another "Need Server Help" (thanks in advance!)

Hi all,

Recently reset spare laptop with fresh windows install to use as eqemu machine. Only intend to run server to play on this machine locally without internet connection and nothing else.

I ran the installer found here : https://docs.eqemu.io/server/install...ation-windows/
(I thought this was latest version? If there's another newer version please let me know!).

Spent several days working through a million old forum posts and I think I have all the issues resolved except for this last one. And I'm not sure if this is the reason my loginserver still sits at : "UP UP N"

I've will include all logs and pictures in this post as well.

I'm completely stumped here and am hoping you guys can help. I've found various old posts referencing similar issues but nothing exact, and didn't come across any solutions I've felt comfortable trying without advice first.

Upon running the "t_start_server_with_login_server" batch file, the only error left on all windows is the following on the "UCS" window (universal chat server) I'm guessing?

QueryErr | QueryDatabase [1146] [Table 'peq.chatchannel_reserved_names' doesn't [exist SELECT] id, name FROM chatchannel_reserved_names]

Any help on what to target here would be much appreciated! Again, all I want is to run this server to game locally on this PC solo, so if there's any way I can accomplish this without redoing all the work I've done so far, well that's what I'm hoping for!

*Update* I forgot to mention I used the "t_stop_server" bat file to close all the windows so that's probably what you're seeing at the end of the log files. Thank you again!
Old 03-23-2023, 11:03 AM
eqgodmode1
Fire Beetle

Default Logs - Login

<<<deleted>>>
Old 03-23-2023, 11:04 AM
eqgodmode1
Fire Beetle

Default Logs - World

<<<deleted>>>
Old 03-23-2023, 11:05 AM
eqgodmode1
Fire Beetle

Default Logs -

<<<deleted>>>
Old 03-23-2023, 11:09 AM
eqgodmode1
Fire Beetle

Default Pics

<<<deleted>>>
Old 03-23-2023, 11:21 AM
eqgodmode1
Fire Beetle

Default eqemu_config.json

<<<deleted>>>
Old 03-23-2023, 09:32 PM
eqgodmode1
Fire Beetle

Default reference post

Additionally, in this thread:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...t=42137&page=2

he mentions a similar problem of which he was able to resolve with the following:

"
  • I had to drop the PEQ database and do a fresh install.
  • I had to change the Admin password in the table loginserver_server_accounts. For some reason, I had a problem logging in using either the values 'Password' or 'password'.
  • I changed the long and short name of the Server in the table loginserver_world_server_registration
  • I updated the value of the field ServerAdminID to the value of '1' for my server in the table loginserver_world_server_registration. '1' is the account 'Admin' found in table loginserver_server_admin_registration
  • I changed all the IP addresses in the eqemu_config.json file to '127.0.0.1'. Everywhere it said IP, I changed the value.
  • I changed the server name in the json file to match the updated servername in the database
  • I removed the "loginserver1" section in the json file
  • I changed the name of 'loginserver2' to just 'loginserver' in the json file
"

In regards to "dropping the PEQ database and doing a fresh install", how exactly is this done?

I tried changing the IP's to 127 etc., tried removing the extra loginserver1 section in the eqemu_config (see mine above) and neither changed anything.

Thanks again!
Old 03-23-2023, 10:08 PM
eqgodmode1
Fire Beetle

Default Figured it out

Okay I figured it out > I get to wear the "idiot" hat for this one.

Essentially there was no problem once I eliminated the original errors from the logs.

I still don't understand why I'm getting that error in the UCS and am still interested in a fix on that; however I was able to boot up the client and get in game despite my login server or the "sleeping window" displaying "UP UP N".

I don't know why I hyper-focused on that as a problem, but I guess it's not for my purposes as it seems I can still play locally.

However, I am still interested in how to go about "dropping the PEQ database and reinstalling it" as one previous poster mentioned he did. If anyone can walk me through that process for my own education, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks all!
Old 03-23-2023, 10:10 PM
eqgodmode1
Fire Beetle

P.S.

To Akka and all the rest of you gurus out there, taking your time to help a bunch of noobs get to enjoy a sentimental piece of their childhood in EQ: THANK YOU (doesn't get said enough).