Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 10-21-2022, 03:40 PM
/dev/pie
Fire Beetle

Default How do I give my character the gm flag?

I just recently setup a Linux server and I was wondering how to go about giving my toon gm status. I don’t know how to use mariadb so I’m at a loss on how to do this. If I could get help I’d appreciate it.
Old 10-22-2022, 10:05 AM
Vexyl
Hill Giant

Do you know how to log in to your SQL database? I don't know any other way to do it because I'm not familiar with Akka's tools, but you can source this into the DB: UPDATE account SET status=250 WHERE id=your_account_id;

where your_account_id is your numerical account ID in the database. You can find it by running this command in the SQL console: SELECT id,name FROM account;

Notice the semicolons at the end. Your account id should show up next to your account name column in the query result.

If you're unsure on how to get here, you can open a command prompt and run mysql -u root -p, assuming you set your SQL account name as root (change if not) and enter the password you set up in the beginning. Then type: USE eq;

if eq is not the name of your database, you can find it assuming you've logged into the SQL console by typing: SHOW databases;
Old 10-22-2022, 12:16 PM
joedit
Fire Beetle

Also, if you have PEQ database editor installed (great instructions on the server installation page), you should be able to edit the account status using the editor.