Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-25-2020, 08:56 PM
Zia
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeryv View Post
Oh...so nothing to do with the solo server package. Perhaps try a different part of the forums for your specific installation issue. This solo server package is a series of perl scripts and MySQL queries that alter the server after it is installed and working successfully. If you cannot get a server to even run properly, you shouldn't worry about this package yet.
Well, it used to run just fine (with all the small snags along the way as usual), but for various reasons I had to reinstall it. Now your quest NPC's will not talk to me, which is the same issue discussed earlier in the thread. It used to be fixed by installing certain Perl packages using the PPM that came with ActivePerl. Now the server installation package instead comes with Strawberry, which does not (as far as I am able to find) include anything like that, except CPAN, which I am not able to get to work.

So, yes, it does have to do with your server package, which I think is pretty great when it works.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:16 PM
Uleat
Developer

Before this gets out of control (as everyone still seems amiable..)

..let's address this as an EQEmu issue rather than a 'Solo Server Package' issue since the problem came about after core changes to the emulator installer.

Zia, please start a new thread with missing Perl DBI functionality in new installer dependencies - thanks!

(This issue will affect more than just this package.)

Compilin' Dirty
Old 06-28-2020, 09:53 AM
dreadbones
Fire Beetle

Hi

Great mod, thanks
Old 07-30-2020, 04:04 AM
friendlinzh
Fire Beetle

you don't have Perl installed with the Perl DBI
Old 08-01-2020, 12:42 AM
Draugr
Hill Giant

Hi.

I just got my EQemu server setup and running. I was looking for a way to lower the HP of every monster since my server will only be a few players. Then I stumbled upon this thread and was happy to see the same person worked on this as Ultima Online Odyssey (djeryv).

Anyhow, I wanted to ask a few questions regarding this single player database mod.

1. Will this database work with the latest EQemu and PEQ database?

2. Does the modifications in this single player mod cover all the current zones in EQemu/EQ?

I guess that is all for now. I've been playing with the standard PEQ database for now and it is fun, but something like a solo player experience or at least an experience for a small group is perfect for what I'd need on my server.

Thanks,
John
Old 08-02-2020, 04:24 PM
woton
Sarnak

It works with RoF2. It is mostly finished up thru omens of war xpac. Everything else beyond that, the mobs are in most zones but nothing like quests work and the mobs themselves have very low hps and insane regen. If youre hoping to make things soloable, youll have to do a bit more work. Most raid mobs have insane aoe damage which you can fix with the gm command #npcedit spellscale (0-100). Some raid mobs have scripted damage, like Bristlebane, that scales up rapidly. Youll have to fix that in his script. Even using the spellscale setting, some spells still do max damage, youll have to change those in the spell file. A few that come to mind are chaos claws that all gates trash mobs use and a couple spells used by mata muram.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:20 PM
woton
Sarnak

Was wondering how you removed the flags needed for planar progression? Due to rampant crashing issues we started over on our server and decided to just do the changes ourselves but having issues with planar mobs. For instance we cannot get Rallos Zek to spawn. Also seems we need Rallos Zek flag to click down to Solusek Ro.
Old 01-06-2023, 06:53 PM
hmmyespanda
Fire Beetle

I came across this a couple of weeks ago and have been playing non stop since. One issue I am now running against is getting to Dranik's Scar. When overriding the priests of discord, they no longer port me to the zone. Is there an alternate route provided, or am I missing something?
Old 01-08-2023, 12:04 PM
hmmyespanda
Fire Beetle

SQL workaround, though this may be unnecessary. I updated zone ID and x,y,z coordinates of the character data to be the succor point in Dranik's Scar:

update character_data
set zone_id = 302, y = -1519, x = -1468, z = 260
where id = 2;
Old 03-02-2023, 12:54 PM
Telememore
Fire Beetle

Thanks djeryv,

For this solo server DB.

When I source solo_server.sql (HeidiSQL) into peq db I receive SQL 1264 - out of range value for column maxcash at row 25712

The maxcash is set to 4

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-02-2023, 07:22 PM
Sandysham
Fire Beetle

What server is using your package ?
Old 04-27-2023, 09:13 AM
Shaneplourde1@gmail.com
Fire Beetle

I know this is a thread is a few years old and I'm a complete newb to trying to get a server up and running (never done anything like it before). But is this still viable to get up and running? It sounds exactly like what I'm looking for out of a solo server that me and my buddy could play on
Old 11-07-2023, 08:52 PM
Nukester
Fire Beetle

I cant seem to get the merchants to show up in the Bazaar. I get the new merchants that sell the non obtainable spells, but the merchants stalls are empty. Ive tried with both the Titanium and RoF2 clients. Any suggestions?

Also the witches wont load due to missing columns in the DB. They would be cool to have but Im most concerned about getting the Bazaar running. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-09-2023, 01:49 AM
Nukester
Fire Beetle

Im good. I was able to get the bazaar up and running