Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 03-17-2021, 09:34 PM
Lachlanmac
Fire Beetle

Default Bot Hold/Supsend/Release

Hey all, I'm having a hard time understanding the functionality of these.

I was attempting to set up a "camp" where the bots Guard an area and I could hold their AI until I got back to avoid them coming to the monster once I got aggro. However, when I use either the Hold or Suspend command, Release doesn't appear to restart their AI. My tank bot just kinda stood there and let a frog beat the hell out of him for about 5 minutes.

Am i using this correctly? Or is there a better way to do what I want to accomplish?
Old 03-20-2021, 09:42 PM
Gnowm
Fire Beetle

Dunno bots well but the folk here will ask ya have you read and absorbed
https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/cate...s#bot-commands

For best answers try adding details like
What exact commands are you trying, etc etc
A quick look showed this
^release - Releases a suspended bot's AI processing (with hate list wipe) maybe need to re-attack as well.
Stances may also add your wanted functionality. Tried them?

And the actionable bot arguments section.

Discord is the best spot for specific and swift responses. This is mentioned for bots.

Just a guess based on other posts here.
Old 03-23-2021, 04:40 PM
lctucker2999
Sarnak

I'm not 100% sure how all the difference bot commands work or what they're supposed to do, but when I use the guard command, my bots don't really "guard" anything, they just stand there. In order to get them to kill stuff, I have to cancel the guard command by telling them to follow me again, which wakes them all up.

So I have 4 main hotkeys that I use while "raiding" with my army of bots:
^summon spawned (doesn't work while guarding)
^guard spawned
^atk spawned
And the 4th hotkey is follow, which has 3 lines:
/tar (myself)
/pause 1
^follow spawned

Basically if I want to pull mobs to camp without my army following me, I'll summon all my bots to the "camp" then have them guard. After aggro'ing the mob I want, I'll pull it back to camp and once the mob is close enough I'll click my follow button, then my attack button (on my server, bots won't attack unless auto attack is on, so I do need to re-click the mob, and turn on attack). Once my army rushes the mob, I will use my summon button to strategically position and re-position my army to make sure they don't push the target where I don't want it to be.
Old 12-30-2021, 03:01 PM
Sisca
Fire Beetle

I've tried using these 4 hotkeys and my bots are still behaving strangely.

I use "^guard spawned" and get a messaged saying 5 of my bots are guarding their position as expected.

If I then target myself and type "^follow spawned" I get a message saying that 5 of my bots are following my character name. Also as expected.

However, the bots continue just standing where they were guarding and don't actually follow me. If I try "^summon spawned" they all appear on top of me and then run straight back to the guard spot. If I tell them to "^atk spawned" then they run over, beat up the target and run straight back to the guard position.

So far the only way I can get them to stop guarding once they've started is ^camp and respawn them.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Old 12-31-2021, 11:01 AM
Fixxer007
Fire Beetle

I have the same problem. I would love to see how to keep them from following me everywhere. Perhaps to set all of the bots to follow the bot healer, and then set the bot healer to follow no one (if that is possible)... I'm grasping at straws on this one.
Old 12-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Uleat
Developer

All bots commands have a usage definition.

For instance, type ^guard usage and it will display argument usage and available options.

In this case, ^guard spawned will cause all spawned bots to 'guard' their current position.

To clear this, type ^guard clear spawned and they will resume their current ^follow behavior.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-04-2022, 01:43 PM
Sisca
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
All bots commands have a usage definition.

For instance, type ^guard usage and it will display argument usage and available options.

In this case, ^guard spawned will cause all spawned bots to 'guard' their current position.

To clear this, type ^guard clear spawned and they will resume their current ^follow behavior.
Thank you! This works great.
Old 03-12-2023, 12:05 PM
Bugrup
Fire Beetle

It was the "clear" that caught me out at first, too. A friend and I were having real trouble making bots work until I found it

I have six main macros that I use to control the Bots:-

1 : Release (Makes the Bots resume their usual functions, and join in fights)

/say ^hold clear spawned (This is the key line, it cancels any Hold currently active)
/say ^release spawned

2 : Hold (Stops Bots attacking, however they will still buff and heal)

/say ^hold spawned

3: Guard (Makes the Bots return to this position after a fight)

/say ^guard spawned

4: Attack (Makes the Bots attack a specific target)

/say ^hold clear spawned (This is the key line, it cancels any Hold currently active)
/say ^atk spawned

5: Mez (Will make an Enchanter Bot mezz the current target)

/attack off
/say ^mez

6: UnGuard (Makes the Bots go back to following me)

/say ^guard clear spawned

These 6 macros do pretty much everything I need for most combat (I have a few others for spawning and inviting etc too).

The main two are "Release" and "Hold", which basically turn the Bots' fighting mode on and off. The "/say ^hold clear spawned" line as the first line of the Release macro is the important one I didn't know about originally, which will cancel any current "Hold" status from the "Hold" macro. Without that, they just stand there like lemons

"Guard" and "UnGuard" tell the Bots to stay at the camp, or to follow me.

"Attack" will tell the Bots to attack a specific target, if I want them to, but usually just using "Release" and letting them do their thing is enough. Again, the "/say ^hold clear spawned" line as the first line cancels any current "Hold" command, otherwise they'll just watch from the sidelines.

"Mez" starts with "/attack off" so I don't break the mez with auto-attacks before switching back to my main target.

Hopefully this'll help people struggling with controlling their Bots

Bugrup