Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 06-11-2014, 10:10 PM
Zaela_S
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esildor View Post
My question is, if you take a Fine Steel Sword and add a blue particle to it, do all Fine Steel Swords now have a blue particle(it26 or whatever) or are you creating a new weapon model?
If you added particles to it12345 they would show up for it12345. Particles are associated with the model ID.

You can export an existing model and re-import it under a new ID if you want multiple copies of a weapon with different particles. (Probably would want to export, then import to a modelling program, then export from that and import back into the EQG file if you do go that route. Models usually don't show up right if you try to import them straight back in -- the normals need to be recalculated, I think.)
Old 06-11-2014, 10:23 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela_S View Post
If you added particles to it12345 they would show up for it12345. Particles are associated with the model ID.

You can export an existing model and re-import it under a new ID if you want multiple copies of a weapon with different particles. (Probably would want to export, then import to a modelling program, then export from that and import back into the EQG file if you do go that route. Models usually don't show up right if you try to import them straight back in -- the normals need to be recalculated, I think.)
So the jist is it's possible to take an existing model, add particles, and then create a new model with it, cool deal.

I'm not sure when I'll have time to play with it, busy right now, but looking forward to when I can.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:13 PM
Zaela_S
Hill Giant

Added a barebones model viewer.

Viewer > Start Viewer will launch an independent model viewer window. It will automatically update to display your current selection. The display can also be manoeuvred in various ways via the mouse buttons (bit clunky, but apparently Maya-like).

Just shows the model mesh with the first diffuse texture found within its materials applied. Some later weapons don't show up correctly due to having weird extra different diffuse texture entries. May try to make some improvements later and add normal maps, shininess, etc to the display. Oh, wouldn't work with multi-texture models yet either, but there aren't many of those unless you add your own.

Can also technically be used to view (some) EQG npc models, although the camera is not really geared for it.

I hope to make some usability improvements and a probable bug fix in the near future as well.

P.S. I make no guarantees that an imported model that looks right in the viewer will necessarily look right in-game!
Old 07-14-2014, 06:34 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela_S View Post
Added a barebones model viewer.

Viewer > Start Viewer will launch an independent model viewer window. It will automatically update to display your current selection. The display can also be manoeuvred in various ways via the mouse buttons (bit clunky, but apparently Maya-like).

Just shows the model mesh with the first diffuse texture found within its materials applied. Some later weapons don't show up correctly due to having weird extra different diffuse texture entries. May try to make some improvements later and add normal maps, shininess, etc to the display. Oh, wouldn't work with multi-texture models yet either, but there aren't many of those unless you add your own.

Can also technically be used to view (some) EQG npc models, although the camera is not really geared for it.

I hope to make some usability improvements and a probable bug fix in the near future as well.

P.S. I make no guarantees that an imported model that looks right in the viewer will necessarily look right in-game!
Pretty awesome Zaela! I'm glad you are spending more time on this.

I'll hopefully be getting your eqg/s3d modification tools more attention soon.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:25 PM
Bamzal
Sarnak

This looks like a great tool! Maybe I'll see siege weapons in EQ afterall!
Old 11-12-2014, 10:37 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Stickied thread
Old 11-18-2014, 12:13 PM
Halon
Fire Beetle

Hi Zaela,

Awesome tools btw, many thanks for creating them.

I decided to play around with the weapon model importer. I can fumble around and look at the different models, decided I would start simple so I exported a model and opened it in blender, imported it / exported it new file name. (I exported as obj)

When I tried to import it, the application stopped responding and Win7 (x64) closed it. I opened it again and saw it was in my new eqg archive, so I tried to add material - crashed again. Any ideas on how I go about tracing down the issue?

I can find no logs or anything about it other then Windows saying the application stopped responding.

I am really looking forward to customizing weapons.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:04 PM
Zaela_S
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halon View Post
Hi Zaela,

Awesome tools btw, many thanks for creating them.

I decided to play around with the weapon model importer. I can fumble around and look at the different models, decided I would start simple so I exported a model and opened it in blender, imported it / exported it new file name. (I exported as obj)

When I tried to import it, the application stopped responding and Win7 (x64) closed it. I opened it again and saw it was in my new eqg archive, so I tried to add material - crashed again. Any ideas on how I go about tracing down the issue?

I can find no logs or anything about it other then Windows saying the application stopped responding.

I am really looking forward to customizing weapons.
Yeah, sorry about that. I'm not sure what exactly I broke. I've been meaning to get a replacement for this tool out (I can do a bit better GUI-wise now) but I've been pretty busy with school... Hopefully I'll find time to come up with something during the holidays. Sorry!
Old 01-13-2016, 05:15 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

I love this thing.

So much potential.

(Slight necro post I know). I'm mucking with my patcher to support keeping clients in sync with custom models.

working on some other misc stuff...

Gotta tweak my export settings.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 01-14-2016, 12:13 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Added a wiki entry about Maya settings for getting models done here.. had my nephew whip up a master sword for fun from scratch, and toss a checkered UV map on it.

Needs some finer tuning in game, tweak orientation

But not too shabby.

another one, looks pretty decently placed.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 03-06-2016, 05:42 PM
Warking
Hill Giant

This is awesome! I am just starting with this to make a full expansion of custom weapons and even new Epic's for my server.

Would this be able to edit or import custom NPC's as well?
Old 10-15-2016, 09:14 AM
Darkscis
Sarnak

Any chance you could whip something up to export the zone models as well Zaela?

Eg. Doors, bridges that kind of thing. I tried opening a few of the zone .eqg using the weapon model importer and it doesn't even list the obj_x.mod files from those zones.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:26 AM
Aardil
Fire Beetle

Default Need help

I think I understand but I am very confused.
While this appears to work for weapon creation, What I need is a way to import an item.

What is going on is, I need to create a couple of items that can be seen in inventory.

I have found a blender file that I can export as a .ply
from there it gets fuzzy.

Can the weapon importer create items? or am I just shooting myself in the foot?

I need a very in depth and as someone with very low skills (none at all to speak of) on how to do this.

Reading the post and following as best I can.
I can import the .ply, create the IT file
but then I am lost.

Further issue :
The EQG Weapon model importer crashes at almost every step as described by someone else a few posts earlier. (using windows 10 64bit).

So am I even in the right area to be doing this? or is this strickly for weapons?

Aardil
Old 01-08-2019, 12:30 AM
acidchalk
Fire Beetle

I just want to say thank you for this amazing tool, i've done lots with it already. I am having a problem with some of the models not having their uv mapping. I'll export it and it comes out blank and i can't apply textures to it. Also these same models show up as a solid color on the model viewer.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:14 AM
typenamehere
Sarnak

Default problems

Are the directions on the first few posts still correct? I have spent the last 16 hours comb through them, trying every combination and I cannot seem to get this tool to work properly. I am using Blender to export .ply file without Vertex Colors. Once I have the .ply file I have tried creating a new eqg file and putting it in the globalload as well as using an existing one. Once I got an all black model of a sword, but I have not been able to even replicate that, its been 12 hours of reloading client, #wc 7 3001-3009, and no graphic.