Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:10 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

Default Broken Paineel port in Plane of Knowledge?

I recently built up a new VM and did a fresh server install. In Plane of Knowledge the Paineel portal does not appear to work. If I click on it from a distance it gives me a You can't reach that, get closer error so it appears there is a portal object there. When you get near it and click everywhere nothing happens so I am not sure if the link to a zone is missing.

Is this a database object I can correct myself, and if so, could someone point me towards the area to make the change? Anyone else with the newer updates having the same problem?

EDIT: I am using the RoF2 client as a bit of information in case it is important.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:16 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

check the Door table for PoK - it most likely doesn't have destination set.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:45 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

Actually there are three ports that do not work currently in PoK.

Paineel - Portal information was blank.
Rivervale - I believe the problem here is the misty zone does not work in my build.
Erudin - Portal information was blank.

Figure I would share this information so it can be correct for future generations! I will work on fixing my copy as is for practice. I assume this is a section for listing things we find for consideration in being corrected?

EDIT: Added more information.
Old 04-23-2021, 05:09 PM
sorvani
Dragon

So this came up on my server yesterday. Toxxulia was a revamped zone.

When we first started supporting clients newer than Titanium (SoD/SoF/UF), the Paineel and Erudin stones were removed form the doors table and made to work via the player.pl script for PoK.

But for some reason that was reverted in 2016.
https://github.com/ProjectEQ/project...7535078dbc4247
Old 02-14-2023, 01:53 AM
Eglarain
Fire Beetle

Default Same issue

So I just recently installed the server myself and am having the same issue. Is the fix to install the software to edit the files myself? Also been wondering what the current expansion is that I can play to.

Thank you