Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-20-2022, 07:58 PM
crazz2525
Fire Beetle

Default Should the server install work out of the box?

I was under the impression that the server install after following the guide here: https://docs.eqemu.io/server/install...ation-windows/ would work out of the box as the instructions did not say otherwise.

However, I quickly learned that the client download from ProjectEQ is missing zone files since the server uses the older zones and I had to add the old zone files to my client directory thanks to a post I found here after some digging. Before I commit players to the server, I want to know whether I should expect any other issues that would need a resolution. Are there any other problems that everyone runs into that would need a fix from the start?

Since the server seems to be looking for older zone files, should I have not been using the downloadable client from Project EQ? If not, what client should I be using?
Old 12-26-2022, 04:48 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

honestly speaking. for best compatibility you might need to get a few different clients to get one complete client essentially. Use titanium client to get all the classic zone files and use ROF2 for a more compatible client across all realms.
Old 12-27-2022, 09:28 AM
crazz2525
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrider84 View Post
honestly speaking. for best compatibility, you might need to get a few different clients to get one complete client essentially. Use the titanium client to get all the classic zone files and use ROF2 for a more compatible client across all realms.
Thanks for the reply. Using just the rof2 client, I did run into missing zone files at first but after copying the missing maps from the zip on this forum, I have not seen any other issues so far. Despite this, are you saying I will run into issues if I do not have Titanium installed and the rof2 client on top of it?

If so, how would that work? would I install my Titanium CD's, then copy and overwrite the contents from the rof2 client folder into the titanium install folder? Also, I have seen mention of adding a spell txt file to fix spells. Would I not also need to do that?
Old 12-27-2022, 10:59 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

Oh nothing that complicated, I just mean having the Titanium client is good to have in case you need old zone files that might be missing from rof2.
Aside from that, rof2 works for every server just about minus p1999.
Although on a quick side note, if you want to see what classic high pass looks like you would need to be on titanium.
For some reason every other client has an incompatibility issue with it, and forces you to go to the new zone.