Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Old 06-25-2009, 07:06 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Default Stronger Roots

As far as I can tell all roots have this -10000 value writen in MIN effect field , and all roots relatively easy to break with nukes.

Perhaps we can add some extra code to the server which would treat this property of "10000" as a modifier to chance of root breaking, so then If I would to create a Custom Root spell and put 20000 in that value instead it woudl make root twice as hard to break before it expires, or 100,000 - 10 times as hard to break and so on.

Or perhaps use a MAX effect field (curently 0 for all roots) to describe a modifier such as 2, 3, 4, 10 etc (as bonus to root durability)

how about it?
Old 06-25-2009, 09:15 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Sounds like something similar would be good for charm spells too
Old 06-26-2009, 04:50 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

There is something else I have thought of.

Current we have a single Special Flag - (I) - to indicate that npc is Unrooteable and Unsnareable.

How about we break it into 2 separate flags, individualy for Root, and individualy for Snare?

This would go long way into even better tuning of content!

thanks!
Old 06-28-2009, 06:11 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randymarsh9 View Post
Sounds like something similar would be good for charm spells too
I already told you charms, like roots, snares, and fears use the resist stat to not only determine whether the spell will land or not, but also how long it lasts for. Every tick, a NPC or player will check their resist stat (in those cases it's usually MR) against the spell. The higher the resist, the more likely the chance of the spell breaking early. This is basic EverQuest mechanics that every spell caster should be aware of. To make a stronger charm, set the ResistDiff columns of spells_new or your flatfile to low number (Dire Charm is -1000, btw) The lower you go, the more permanent the spell becomes.

Chaos, the above *might* work for preventing nukes from breaking roots as well. For that, I'd set the field to like -10000 and run some tests.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:15 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

I will try that Cavedude.

but, you said "snares" - but on live snares ALWAYS lasted full duration as far as I can tell - at least the classic druid 14 min "snare"
Old 06-28-2009, 06:18 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

OK, I might be wrong about snares but certainly roots, fears, and charms
Old 06-28-2009, 08:10 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

At one time on live servers root spells had a random duration component built into there timers. If you look closely at the way the spells are worded it says it can last up to Z amount of time. Meaning the duration was not a set number. Most had a minimum duration Y plus a random duration X which could potentially be Z but rarely happened. Both resists and other effects come into play on the true duration of the spell effect.
Snares seemed to have just an initial resist check then a set duration but I never really used them much so that is just a guess. I don't know how fears and charms worked so i won't comment on those.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

Does this carry through for atone as well? Right now all mem blurs seem to be taking about 300 hits to take affect.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:28 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

well I am looking at spell file and if I am reading it right, Atone only has 1% chance to wipe hatelist.
Cause Blanket of Forgetfulness (chanter spell) has 2 wipe entries of 20 each, which means its 20% chance each, which leads to 1% for Atone.

at first I thought thats BS cuase what kind of good does 1% chance do to a 60 mana spell, so I opened up Allakhazam and umm, indeed Atone only has 1% chance to wipe hate, thats why you have to cast it 100+ times

Chanter's spells usualy wipe agro on each 3rd -5th try cuase they start from at least 20%
Old 06-29-2009, 05:40 AM
Capheus
Hill Giant

There has to be some other factor in to it. 1% for Atone would make the spell completely useless if it only used the 1% as a factor. I remember on live I would cast it 3 times and 99% of the mobs would forget.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:04 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

I have found an additional variable in entire memwipe line of spells which is not found in other spells. They all have: EnviromentType 8 - whatever that means.

This however stil does not explain why Atone would work with just 1 where chanters spells work with 20