Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 07-10-2009, 03:50 AM
trevius
Developer

Default NPC Corpse Poofs if FD

Rabisu on Storm Haven reported this issue to me and I am able to reproduce it every time. If you DoT a mob and then FD before it dies from the DoT, the corpse will poof every time. I haven't heard of this issue until today, so I assume it is something new. It could possibly be something specific to Storm Haven, but I don't think it is. Can someone confirm this happens on other updated servers (maybe PEQ)?
Old 07-10-2009, 04:16 AM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

Sounds right.

Noone is on the mobs hate/damage list if the only DPSer is FD.

Working as intended.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:10 AM
trevius
Developer

I am guessing this is related to the combat state changes KLS recently added, then. Since it now clears combat state instantly instead of waiting a tick or so before clearing it. So, this is being treated as if another NPC had killed the NPC, causing the corpse to poof. Is that how it functions on Live? I would think that NPCs should still hold some kind of hate list most of the time even if the player is FD as long as aggro hasn't cleared. Since, if the player stands up, the mob will re-aggro on them again if hate didn't clear.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Shendare
Dragon

Yeah, I haven't played an FD class on Live, but my understanding is that the FD player loses some hate points, but remains on the aggro list, unless they stay FD for a certain period of time (2 minutes?). If they stand up before the timer has expired, the NPC resumes attacking them.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:09 AM
KLS
Administrator

No this is actually working as intended technically and has worked this way a long time. It's basically the same if the target died to no caster because the caster is FD the damage isn't assigning to anyone.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:53 AM
trevius
Developer

Ahh, I can understand why that happens now, KLS. Can't assign the damage without causing them to aggro on the FD player. Interesting that I hadn't seen/heard this before. Not a big deal, but it doesn't seem like that is the way it would work on Live. Seems like the cause of what makes this happen could mean some possible exploits/issues. If I am understanding correctly, even if the Necro is FD on a raid when the final killing blow lands and if that killing blow comes from their DoT, it will poof the raid target's corpse just the same as if an NPC had gotten the killing blow.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Shendare
Dragon

I wouldn't think that would be the case. The rest of the raid is still on the hate list. I would simply expect the Necromancer to get no credit for the kill.

Ah, I just re-read your last few words, Trev. Do we have it coded such that if the killing blow can't be mapped to a player source, the corpse is gone even if there are others on the hate list?

That would make sense for guards and such.

I could see the pairing of the two systems causing the problem.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:32 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Yeah logic wise, if there is no one of mobs hate list - the dmg done is unasigned.

Unless you want to keep a separate list for sources of damage diffirent that the hate list.

This may actualy prevent powerleveling =)

For example with standart system, a lev 65 necro powerlevling some lev 10 guy:
-The lev 10 agros the mob and deals 1 dmg
-the necro casts DoT and drops FDs
-the mob dies and lev 10 gets all XP since he is the only person on the hate list who delt any dmg

If dmg done kept on separate list - FD powerleveling automaticly out of question, since necro will still going to be the killer

May worth considering
Old 07-10-2009, 12:43 PM
trevius
Developer

NM, I tested this with Kayen and it definitely doesn't poof corpses as long as someone else is on the hate list. I wasn't aware that NPCs no longer poof corpses if they get the killing blow. I thought that was always in place so pulling mobs to guards to let them finish them off for you wouldn't be an option, but I guess it is now.

So, sounds like there isn't an issue at all. Sorry, this was the first I had heard about that and wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem. Thanks for the info guys.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:58 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

unless you count the PL thing =P
Old 07-10-2009, 01:06 PM
trevius
Developer

Apparently that is how it works on Live now. So you can kill a mob to 51% and drag it to the guards to finish them off. Probably not too exploitable, but still seems odd they would allow it. I guess it is better than issues with poofing corpses due to other NPCs adding on at the last second or charms breaking or whatever.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:40 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

well no, i am not talking about exploting the guards
i am talking about PLing people via DoT+Fd tactic, where the other person only needs to deal 1 dmg to the mob to get the kill