Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:18 PM
acepanther
Fire Beetle

Default movepc to Mistmoore always puts you on top of the castle

I have an NPC which will send people to Mistmoore. To do this, I am using the quest::movepc command as follows:

quest::movepc( 59, 123.0, -295.0, -178.8 );

That's the safe spot coords as an example. Using the GM command "#zone mistmoore" puts me there just fine. However, no matter what coords I use in the movepc command (even those exact ones) it always deposits me on the roof of Mistmoore castle in the exact same spot.

movepc deposits me in other zones just fine, at the coords I specify. This just happens in Mistmoore (right now, I haven't tested very many other zones to be honest).

Is there an issue with this function and Mistmoore?

Thanks!
Old 07-21-2009, 06:40 PM
trevius
Developer

If you got those coords from the zone points table, make sure you have the X and Y in the correct order. The zone points table is YXZ by default, but the movepc command uses XYZ.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:37 PM
acepanther
Fire Beetle

Actually the coords didn't come from a table, they came from doing a #loc (which says it is in XYZ format, unlike /loc which is YXZ format) after doing a #zone to the zone . Also, I did try to flip the X and the Y and got the same result unfortunately. Any use of movepc to Mistmoore puts me at Location (XYZ) -55.8, 43.9, -155.6 in that zone.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:17 PM
acepanther
Fire Beetle

Another note, I found the script that you updated yesterday in the Translocator Quest To Many Common Zones thread:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/sho...d.php?p=164879

Your script puts me on top of the Mistmoore castle as well. Does it do the same for you, or is it something with my setup perhaps?
Old 07-23-2009, 12:52 AM
pfyon
Discordant

I wonder, could you be using a map file for a different version of mistmoore? I don't know if this would explain the #loc giving correct values, but it might put you at a safe point if the server thought you were under the world or something.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:22 AM
AndMetal
Developer

Just for the record, I did a #zone mistmoore 123 -295 -178.8 and it put me right on top of Eirod Haerod at the zone in. I swapped the 123 & -295 and it put me in the wall right next to Eirod.

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 07-23-2009, 04:05 AM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, I tested this too, and I see no issue at all with zoning to mistmoore. Maybe check your safe point location in your zone table or something.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:10 PM
acepanther
Fire Beetle

The safe point in the zone table works just fine, that is the wierd thing. Evac works just fine, as does using the #zone command to get to the zone as well. But the movepc command seems to always put me on top of the castle, it's very strange.

Can someone point me to the most up-to-date map pack?
Old 07-24-2009, 04:45 AM
trevius
Developer

Maybe you should post your entire quest script that you are having this issue with. I am guessing your issue is with the script. Maybe you left another movepc somewhere and didn't realize it, so you were changing the wrong one or something.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:10 PM
acepanther
Fire Beetle

Thanks for all the feedback, I really appreciate it!

Ok, the oddest thing has happened. Rather than posting the entire script (it's pretty large) created a new one with just the Mistmoore line in it for posting. I tested it first to make sure that it was still putting me on top of the castle and... what do you know, I was at the zone in where it was supposed to put me all along?

So, I put the original script back together, adding in this new Mistmoore line (which was identical to the original line) and tried the full script and... it put me in the correct place.

The issue is solved and I have no idea what happened. *sigh*

In any case thanks so much to everyone for their time on this!