Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:34 PM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

Question Respawn Times or Variance?

I did a a change in respawn times, and now users are randomly getting disconnected in Anguish. Is there any bugs in a max respawn time or variance?

Code:
UPDATE spawn2 SET respawntime = 7200 WHERE zone = "anguish";
UPDATE spawn2 SET variance = 14400 WHERE zone = "anguish";
Trying to figure out whats going on. That was the only change I made when the users started to get disc.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:48 PM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

Oh yeah, I made one other edit, I think including final boss with over 8 million HP and some vendor with 1 million hp regen. Dunno if I'm breaking some numbers there.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:19 AM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

Some more talking to myself here:

I've noticed sometimes quest files with a ~ after the end of the name that are hidden files on Debian Linux. I'm assuming its a way for Debian Linux to back up old version of edited and/or renamed files? I've seen in log that the emu gets confused sometimes on those files. I usually have to "show hidden" files then delete them. Not sure if this was causing the link dead problems, or some other crazy edits. I don't see any errors in the quest logs.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:31 AM
trevius
Developer

I think there is some new bug that if a quest spawned NPC is depopped while it still has aggro, it can crash the zone. Not sure what is causing it, but have seen this happen starting a couple of months ago. If you have any situations like this, you might want to set a timer and wipe their hate list before depopping them.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:08 AM
thepoetwarrior
Discordant

Is that only with a depop() or would users killing it also do that? Weird bug...