Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:33 PM
syipher
Fire Beetle

Default Is Irreverent challenging enough for duo'ing?

Sorry for the double post, but I thought I'd get more responses by creating my own thread instead of hijacking another thread.

I've just installed eq emu for the first time and I'm thinking of duo'ing with a friend of mine. Would playing together on Irreverent be too easy if I grouped with my friend to push through the content?

Also by 100% soloable, does that imply even a none healing class such as a warrior can solo all the encounters as well?

I've played EQ up till LDON so I'm pretty familiar w/ the content up to that point.

Thanks.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Wzang
Fire Beetle

Strongly suggest you take a look at Irreverent Forums (remember to register!) and youll see different options and playstyle. Personally duo'in there will make life easier but you can certainly solo 90% of the content on any class.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:30 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

if know you will have your friends help all the time- you may want to consider other servers as well. THF for one, while not as solo friendly as Irrelevant, will certainly will be more friendly for a 2 man duo
Old 04-11-2010, 10:17 PM
tandcemerson
Sarnak

While Irrev's server is meant and tuned for solo play, I believe there is enough difficulty to keep duo play enjoyable. Personally, I soloed up to 70 and then ended up duo'ing afterward through the elemental planes and sever challenge.

Even though solo'ing server challenge is possible, duo'ing make it so much easier

Jerant the Loremaster - Cleric
Hans Poisondirk - Rogue
< Evolution >
Old 04-20-2010, 02:25 AM
Dinggo
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
if know you will have your friends help all the time- you may want to consider other servers as well. THF for one, while not as solo friendly as Irrelevant, will certainly will be more friendly for a 2 man duo
THF is NOT a solo friendy server by any stretch of the imagination, its barely duo friendly at best, certainly not past level 55+. Sure you can solo to 50, then your shit outta luck unless your in a guild, or can find groups. The content post 55 is not ever close to solo/duo friendly, unless you want to kill light blues and greens till you level out, or kill trash mobs only to have a normal named in teh same low level zone hit for thousands and wipe you instantly, which is normal for just about every named on this server. Your dead in the water post level cap unless you join a guild and find a FULL group. They just removed the Deleveling NPC becusae most of the server would delevel to 55 to do AA's because the content at 70 is too difficult and time consuming to make any normal progress on, which put dozens of lvl 70 players in low level zones killing and kill stealing every mob in sight from the poor level 45-55 trying to get there first toon to 70.

If you want to be more accurate and honest to your users before they invest time into the server you would call it a Group Server that enforces grouping through content difficulty. Which is fine, there is a need for all types of servers, but THF is always misadvertising itself as a solo/duo friendly group and its a bit dishonest.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:43 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinggo View Post
THF is NOT a solo friendy server by any stretch of the imagination, its barely duo friendly at best, certainly not past level 55+. Sure you can solo to 50, then your shit outta luck unless your in a guild, or can find groups. The content post 55 is not ever close to solo/duo friendly, unless you want to kill light blues and greens till you level out, or kill trash mobs only to have a normal named in teh same low level zone hit for thousands and wipe you instantly, which is normal for just about every named on this server. Your dead in the water post level cap unless you join a guild and find a FULL group. They just removed the Deleveling NPC becusae most of the server would delevel to 55 to do AA's because the content at 70 is too difficult and time consuming to make any normal progress on, which put dozens of lvl 70 players in low level zones killing and kill stealing every mob in sight from the poor level 45-55 trying to get there first toon to 70.

If you want to be more accurate and honest to your users before then invest time into the server you would call it a Group Server that enforces grouping through content difficulty. Which is fine, there is a need for all types of severs, but THF is always misadvertising itself as a solo/duo friendly group and its a bit dishonest.
I disagree.
I myself soloed to 70 with one of the LESS popular classes such as necro - its far more easier if you playing a melee or cleric.
There was a heavy jump in difficulty in 55+ range, but it was scaled down.
If you are douing (+1 bot) - you will BREEZE to 70 in even less time.

Now past 70+, it does become a group oriented game play, though again you CAN do DUO the trash in Icewell/Kael or LDON to gear up, and then you can join a guild and do raids.

yes, you can't/duo solo raid target, but pre-raid named in Sebilis/SolB can be soloed/duoed
Old 04-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Pyronasty
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinggo View Post

If you want to be more accurate and honest to your users before they invest time into the server you would call it a Group Server that enforces grouping through content difficulty. Which is fine, there is a need for all types of servers, but THF is always misadvertising itself as a solo/duo friendly group and its a bit dishonest.

Lol? Only explanation that I could possibly see that you had solo/duo problems with THF is if you tried to solo as a cleric, with no bot, naked. Yes we removed the NPC for exactly that reason. Now the younger players don't *have* to deal with that.

If you had a bad experience within our server, I apologize, but flaming suggestion threads is hardly considered mature, no?
Old 05-05-2010, 12:17 PM
jxd
Fire Beetle

If you start out untwinked/unPL'ed and want to work through progression in the correct order I think duo'ing is a great way to go. Just based on my experience leveling up my first character solo.