Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Soulisick
Fire Beetle

Default Need some major help here..PLEASE!!

Ok..I have gone through the whole Wiki, every post on here, every walktrough I can find for this thing. I have a LAN set up here at my house and would like to run the server on one and the game on another. I set up my server on the other and it looks to be working fine. I tried to run EQ but it won't use the LAN to look for the server. Not sure how to pick the ports EQ uses so I just desded I would run EQ and the server on that one computer. Everything was going great untill I tried to log into the server and I got a window poping up saying there was an error with World.exe and it had to close. So I tried to set up the server on the other computer and run EQ there. But when I try to run the server the worldserver window closes right away and it says it can't find the world server and it is starting a loop. I am lost..lol. I am not a huge noob but I am not really that good at this either. If anyone has any help for me PLEASE let me know. I can e-mail you error logs or whatever you might need. Just let me know where to send it.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Kayot
Discordant

Execute this line:

Code:
SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd');
replace newpwd with your password.

God doesn't give second chances... Hell, he sets you up the first time.
Old 03-31-2007, 04:28 AM
Soulisick
Fire Beetle

Ok..hate to ask a noob question..but I assume that goes in the eqemu_config.xml file. But where? I want to make sure and put it in the right place.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:28 PM
samandhi
Demi-God

Quote:
Ok..hate to ask a noob question..but I assume that goes in the eqemu_config.xml file. But where? I want to make sure and put it in the right place.
No. That is what you type on the command line to update your MySQL DB access password.

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ