Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:28 AM
zuperzip
Fire Beetle

Default Hello all - back to EQ

I wanted to say hello and talk about EQ some. I played on the Xev server from just before the Velious expansion to a short time after Gates of Discord. The game was intense and I played with the same people for a long time.

About the time WoW went beta I started to see all the things that annoyed me about EQ magnify because suddenly there was a push to fix or improve many things that had been very unplayerfriendly for years. In addition attempting to work with GMs on problems had always been a nightmare mostly because they did not have the logs or tools to help them help the players. Also about that time my 13 month old $350 Sony DVD player burned out due to a design flaw Sony was aware of but not willing to own up to. I swore if I ever switched games it would not be to one run by or profiting Sony. I retired from EQ a few months before WoW went live. WoW is a great game but I lost interest when my experience started going down the drain at level 60. I still love Blizzard

Now I have found EQEmu. I love the idea of playing on a server run by ordinary people with a relatively low population. The only bad thing I can see about it is I handing a few more dollars to Sony to play... oh well. Titanium here I come.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:59 PM
Damilis
Hill Giant

Default Welcome back!

Welcome back! I too did the round robin with games (Mine was shadowbane) but found myself back here at EQ. The way i see the $$ end of it is:

2 months of EQLive = (approx) $24
as much EQEmu as ya want = $20 (or less if you are resourceful and charming)

Old 10-10-2006, 04:51 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default ...

I started out on the Xev Server.
I got annoyed a lot that most of the good things were camped 24 hours a day by some body selling EQplat on e-bay.
rather pointless to sit there and farm at level 60, hopefully they changed it so
they get crappy loot now instead of farming all nite.

www.cheaterz.info