Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:40 AM
SoltanHeatwave
Hill Giant

Default Static Zones

I have searched the support forums trying to find out exactly how to set up some static zones. I have tried:

Modifying start.bat with: Start zone.exe freeportw
after that didn't work I tried

Modifying database launcher table by adding: first 0,
then adding first freeportw 7055 to the Launcher_zone table (the 7055 is the port number, which I am guessing you already know).

What am I doing wrong? I know that the posts that I am using are old, but I couldn't find anything newer that had the information I need to modify either the batch file or my database.

The server is up and running and nothing serious seems to be wrong. The only other issue is that Lua isn't working, but Perl is, so the quests are at least working. I used the new wiki instructions in building the server and I am using the 4-18-2014 database, which is the day I built the server.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:16 AM
SoltanHeatwave
Hill Giant

Is there a way to create static zones. As I said I attempted to add them to the start.bat and then to the database. Is there another place that I need to add them to? What have I done wrong?
Old 05-10-2014, 11:20 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

You can use the launcher_zones table to put a specific zone on a specific port to make it static.

'launcher' Would be peq or zone, depending upon what you're using in the launcher table.
'zone' Would be the zone short name.
'port' Would be the port, usually from 7000-7100.

Here's a list of zones for reference.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:21 AM
sorvani
Dragon

The specific port does not work on my windows test server, but yes, use the launcher table otherwise.

Old 05-10-2014, 01:22 PM
SoltanHeatwave
Hill Giant

I did that. I shutdown the server and then using HeidiSQL I edited my launcher_zones table and input:

Launcher | zone | port |
_________|____________|______|
| | |
peq | poknowledge | 7001 |

When I do a #zonestatus I get 39 servers online 0 zones are static zones, 1 zones are booted zones, 39 zones available. I also tried it by using Zone instead of peq. Both Zone and peq are listed in the launcher table.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

A better question is, why are you trying to do static zones?
Old 05-10-2014, 02:33 PM
SoltanHeatwave
Hill Giant

Because I don't want some zones to reinitialize after I leave them. I have them set not to shutdown after an hour now, but I want something that is longer and that I don't have to worry about.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoltanHeatwave View Post
Because I don't want some zones to reinitialize after I leave them. I have them set not to shutdown after an hour now, but I want something that is longer and that I don't have to worry about.
Having a set zone shutdown delay should really be plenty. If you're active enough an hour window should be plenty in most circumstances.

You can of course still use statics if you want, you just need entries ins launcher_zones as the before have mentioned
Old 05-10-2014, 04:06 PM
SoltanHeatwave
Hill Giant

I really do appreciate the help. I am wondering if I may have to redo the server. I have placed entries into the Launcher_zones as specified, but when I launch the server I don't have any static zones. I don't know what I am doing wrong. My entries are under the Launcher_zones

zone freportw 7006

I have also used:

peq freportw 7003

I have tried other zones and zone names. I am only using freportw as a test. It doesn't matter what I put into Launcher_zones I still don't get any static zones. I even tried creating a new launcher by putting in Launcher:
staticzones 0. From my understanding the 0 represents 0 dynamic zones and that the variable should be static. When I put into Launcer_zones
staticzones freportw 7006 I still don't get any static zones when I check. I am using #zonestatus in game to check for static zones. I always get 0 zones are static zones. Of course I have always deleted my entries after I finish, just to prevent any problems or conflicts.