Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Ozeenvonblut
Fire Beetle

Default Need a guide to setting up a server...

I am currently using this guide:

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki...,-No-Webserver)

I was doing great until I got to the part that says, "6. unzip the dependencies" under "Step 3: Getting and compiling the C++ source code". Okay, what dependencies? I see a folder named "dependencies" under C:\EQ\Source\dependencies , but there is nothing to unzip! So after searching endlessly I came across https://github.com/EQEmu/Server and found the folder labeled "dependencies" I downloaded it and unzipped it to find it had the following folders: boost, luaj_x86, mysql_x86, zlib_x86

The guide specifically says, "Download the ""MySQL"" and zlib headers/libraries∞ and unzip them into C:\EQ\Source\dependencies If you do it correctly, you should have two folders underneath C:\EQ\Source\dependencies, one called mysql_x86 and one called zlib_x86."

Okay, so that means I only need "mysql_x86" and "zlib_x86"..great, I got it. So I put those folders in C:\EQ\Source\dependencies.

NEXT! I follow all the instructions regarding Cmake. Long story short it didn't work, I ended up needing all the folders included in the "dependencies" download NOT just the two mentioned above.

"You can now close CMake." Okay, great.

"Build the executables using Visual Studio" What executables? What are they talking about? I tried searching for what they mean and came across http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35722 only to find some of the links he provides are DEAD along with all the other damn links I've come across. So I decide to skip that part for now to see if the future instructions have a solution.

"In Windows explorer, navigate to C:\EQ\Source\Build and double-click on EQEmu.sln (if you don't see the .sln suffix, it is the file named EQEmu that has a Type of 'Microsoft Visual Studio Solution'." I don't have a file named "EQEmu.sln"! I am at my wit's end here. Please help.

TLTR: The guide I am using to set up my own server is not working out for me. Please redirect me to a more up to date one that doesn't have a shit ton of dead links. Thank you for reading my post.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Ozeenvonblut
Fire Beetle

SOLUTION to the missing "EQEmu.sln". When I was using Cmake, I forgot to click "generate"! I am now back to following the steps to creating my own server using the same guide.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:18 PM
jdoran
Hill Giant

Have you tried the Windows Server repack mentioned in the news forum?
Old 10-06-2014, 10:01 PM
sorvani
Dragon

So glad you figured it out, but related to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozeenvonblut View Post
Please redirect me to a more up to date one that doesn't have a shit ton of dead links. Thank you for reading my post.
You mean like the one linked directly from the home page?

Old 10-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Ozeenvonblut
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoran View Post
Have you tried the Windows Server repack mentioned in the news forum?
Yes, I have! With great success too, I had a server up and running. But I had no idea what I was doing so I decided to delete the server pack and start from scratch so I can learn everything.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Ozeenvonblut
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
So glad you figured it out, but related to this:

You mean like the one linked directly from the home page?

Thank you so much!