Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Old 04-06-2006, 02:11 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

Default EQBuilder 2.0

so,

I finally got off my ass and made a build of eqbuilder 2.0 for release. Havent tested this build a whole lot, not sure I care, but I figured I would put it out none the less. Source should be in CVS.

More info on the wiki:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=EqBuilder
Old 04-06-2006, 04:45 AM
MysticDeath
Sarnak

Wooohooo, I am downloading this now. Yay, now I can update my zones a bit easier! thnx FNW
Old 04-07-2006, 01:04 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

so, I somewhat failed to mention that eqextractor does not work with live, didnt even think about it. Sorry about that.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:57 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathernitwit
so, I somewhat failed to mention that eqextractor does not work with live, didnt even think about it. Sorry about that.
No but who cares Im glad to have what ew got ...woohoo now I can decode all these pdf files I have for over a year.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 04-07-2006, 04:22 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

It's not a .PDF decoder
it's a .PF decoder

And thanks FNW!! We were all looking forward to seeing a new builder
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:12 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I just used to it populate 26 zones, works like a charm. The map features are a very nice change.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:50 PM
christianmoche
Fire Beetle

thanks fathernitwit!
Old 02-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Neiv
Hill Giant

I guess I'm not getting it. I read the wikki description, but I'm still not sure what exactly this tool does, or under what circumstances I would use it. Can someone explain?
Old 02-02-2009, 12:19 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
EQBuilder is the tool developed mainly by/for PEQ which takes packet collects from live and turns them into eqemu zones.
Basically, I believe the program was used to read packet collects from EQLive and convert them into usable data for EQEmu Server databases. It is my understanding that the program has been non-functional for a long time now. Keep in mind that this thread is almost 3 years old.

I imagine that the source code for this program could be adjusted to work with EQLive to be usable for EQEmu again, but I don't think anyone with the skills required to do that is interested in actually doing it right now. Plus, that would require the source code for the tool and I don't know where to get it. Though, it would be useful for gathering data for the newer expansions.

Last edited by trevius; 02-02-2009 at 08:22 AM..
Old 02-02-2009, 01:40 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

The code is on the old CVS. Source/eqbuilder folder.

In order to get this working, we'd not only need its code updated to work with Live, but also that of eqextractor (converts live logs to eqbuilder format, and also extracts data such as zone data, zone points, doors, objects - its code is also on CVS) AND, we'd need a working packet collector for Live that exports in a format eqextractor can use. Quite the daunting task, for even somebody with the skills and ability to do so.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:40 PM
trevius
Developer

I dunno, I would have to look at the source of those programs. Though, I would think that it would mostly just be putting in opcodes to identify the packets then the location of the information we need like X, Y, Z, Race, Etc within the packet structure. It would mostly just be looking at the spawn structure and probably the movement updates and then the ground spawn and door spawn packets I imagine.

I have been looking at the structures enough and on live as well that I could probably figure it out if things work as I think they would. We could use the ShowEQ structures for EQLive to identify where the info we need is. I don't think it would be too hard to even pull that info directly from a ShowEQ log file from EQLive. If I ever get free time to investigate this at some point, I might just have to give it a look. If anything, I would like to at least get door locations since those are really hard to set perfectly manually.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Gosh, Trev. We got it the first 12 times.

I've actually looked at these and they aren't that bad. The biggest problem is that I haven't taken the time to really understand the stream and how it works. Someone with some knowledge of the data stream (and some spare time) should be able to get this going again in a fairly short amount of time I would think.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:21 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Cleaned up the thread :P Don't worry, it's happen to me as well.

If somebody can get these guys back up and working, the PEQ team can get on Live and collect the hell out of it. Then, I'll merge the dumps into the DB so when the SoF client is farther along, at least the community will have some data for the newer zones.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:06 PM
trevius
Developer

Haha, I guess it was a bad idea to try submitting a post as a way to verify if the forum is working or not. I have done it before, but normally am able to catch it and clean it up myself before too many people see it :P

I will try to get my hands on the source for eqextractor and eqbuilder maybe tonight. Since I am limited in what I can work on for SoF from work, maybe I can work on these 2 programs in the meantime. At the very least, I think I should be able to assess how hard it will be or if it will even be something I can handle myself or not.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:31 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
The code is on the old CVS. Source/eqbuilder folder.

In order to get this working, we'd not only need its code updated to work with Live, but also that of eqextractor (converts live logs to eqbuilder format, and also extracts data such as zone data, zone points, doors, objects - its code is also on CVS) AND, we'd need a working packet collector for Live that exports in a format eqextractor can use. Quite the daunting task, for even somebody with the skills and ability to do so.
Cavedude, how exactly do I get to the old CVS to get the source of those 2 programs? I am trying to use WinCVS, and entering the following:
Code:
:pserver:anonymous@peq.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/source
And it gives me this error:
Code:
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@peq.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/source checkout -P -- eqextractor (in directory C:\Temp)
cvs checkout: Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password
cvs [checkout aborted]: authorization failed: server peq.cvs.sourceforge.net rejected access to /cvsroot/source for user anonymous

I definitely want to start looking at these soon to get an idea if I can help with them or not. I just need help figuring out how to get them :P

Last edited by trevius; 02-09-2009 at 05:35 PM..