Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-09-2019, 04:21 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Default Classless 2.0

Pretty big announcement to make: Edge's Insanity is now EQ Classless 2.0!

We have turned the server into a classless server with the RNG-based gear drop system that Edge's Insanity had, along with many other tweaks to make the game more of a persistent, evolving world.
The server will start at Classic and advance forward.

We anticipate to start closed testing again soon with a proper release coming after.

Here's what you can expect:
- Stat-based gameplay, now with less confusion:
* Generally, all stats will contribute to the power of your character directly as opposed to passively through hidden bonuses. We want you to be able to feel the power increase each time you get an upgrade.
* Each stat contributes in more ways than just the ways listed.
- Strength increases melee power
- Stamina increases max HP pool at a greater factor than other stats
- Dexterity increases critical chance.
- Agility increases spell and melee haste.
- Intelligence increases spell damage.
- Wisdom increases spell healing.
- Charisma is the hybrid stat, and increases melee, spell damage and spell healing but offers minimal resource increases.
- Statistics have additional effects. Try them out and see what you like!

- No boxing, strict 1 IP limit - the world is yours and yours alone to travel through.

- Classless 2.0's unique advancement system means that you'll level up your effective level by gaining AA points - and this will allow you to buy statistic points with the AA point window.

- Classless 2.0's unique level scaling system will allow you to adventure anywhere at any time when finding new friends in the wild. NPCs you engage in combat with will scale up to your level, but not down. Zones will forever not be trivial; really like Blackburrow? Stick around!

- Charm, DoTs, and many more spells have been rebalanced to make sure their power is kept in check with a classless server.

- Instanced, randomized group content will be available at any time for adventurers to play with their friends.

- Auto-scaling grouping functionality that scales your group to the leader of the groups' level is present, so no one is left behind.

- Raid Zones - Raid content will result in unique items to empower your character beyond normal means. They will have special proc weapons, armor, and jewelry to further customize your build.

- Classless system - All players are able to use and scribe any spell scroll, wield any item, and more. Use any classes' spells in any capacity that you feel comfortable with. Earn your favorite hybrid's spells!

- All items are no longer nodrop - Hand-me-downs were one of the best things about EverQuest, and having all items tradeable expands on this feature.

- Increased Regeneration - Outside of combat, your HP/Mana regen is increased significantly, and ticks happen every 2 seconds. This speeds up the pace of gameplay, and makes downtime a thing of the past.

- Accurate EverQuest - With the support of the Rise of Zek database, the game looks, feels, and is authentically EverQuest. Power to the pixels.

- A hub zone - This zone is considered a Haven zone, to let you get your bearings before you go out into the world and start killing monsters. There is a translocator in the town that will teleport you to a few locations, however, if you ask nicely. An ability will take you back to the starting zone at any time.

- RNG-based loot system - NPCs throughout the world will have a chance to drop exceedingly rare items during your travels, ranging from armor, to spell scrolls, to weapons, and more. If you're lucky, exceedingly rare treasures can drop depending on NPC level.

Join us on discord!
http://discord.gg/RZgCyuH
Old 07-09-2019, 04:41 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
- All items are no longer nodrop - Hand-me-downs were one of the best things about EverQuest, and having all items tradeable expands on this feature.
Looking good Secrets.

This is something I loved about the game (way back when). I remember my first Hand-me-downs from a passerby in east commons. It helped me with my next 8 levels. Personally, I would of loved to see the whole in-game economy operate off of a complete trading system, eliminating coins altogether, lol. ("I'll trade you x-amount of potions for that sword")
Old 07-09-2019, 05:06 PM
Ozium
Sarnak

sounds great, awaiting open testing as missed signup
Old 07-12-2019, 03:40 AM
greenspectre
Fire Beetle

Petitioning now to make the main server guild <School in July>
Old 07-12-2019, 03:40 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Jerrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy

Old 07-16-2019, 06:00 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Prepare your bodies, and make sure they are ready: Classless 2.0 will launch officially on Friday, July 19th at or before 5pm PST.
A huge thanks to our beta testers of Edge's Insanity and Classless 2.0 thus far; you guys have been awesome in shaping up the server with bug reports and feedback. Without you guys, we'd probably have screwed up the launch.

We are currently satisfied with the state of balancing - we also realize that some spells are not as useful as they should be, such as ATK/AC buffs. We will revisit them either in the next few days, or post-launch. Additionally, there will be a currency granted by trading in spells you don't need to an NPC at some period post-launch - this currency will allow you to turn large quantities of unneeded spells into special rewards at a merchant.

On release, we ask that you turn off MacroQuest, MySEQ and related programs - the built in functionality we have implemented into our server package is all we will support and allow. Those who break those rules will be punished periodically throughout the server's official release. Those seeking additional features from MacroQuest such as spell info, item info, and DPS meters will be pleased to know that we will be integrating them right into the server package at an unspecified time post-launch.

In the event that we find gamebreaking bugs prior to launch, we reserve the right to extend the testing period for however long we need to and, ultimately, delay the server launch.

Oh, and you'll probably want the server files from Discord. You can't play without them.

See you on July 19th!
Old 07-17-2019, 07:06 PM
Vizion
Fire Beetle

Friday!!!!
Old 07-19-2019, 05:08 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

It's live!! Come and check it out. RoF2 client only.

Get the server files from Discord. You can't play without them.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:34 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Just wanted to give an update:

Server is out!

Server's pretty damn fun so far. Biggest praises have been the scaling system and ability to group with your friends regardless of level. Some people have been plowing ahead on levels and then catching their friends up by grouping with them. Additionally, the augmentation system has been a big hit. When you get an upgrade, you actually 'feel' the upgrade in your numbers as opposed to traditional EQ where everything feels like a sidegrade.

In terms of numbers, the highest stat augment that has randomly rolled ingame is 301 dexterity off of a level 50 NPC.

In terms of population... The single-box system has limited the population, but that's okay, as I've never really seen this level of engagement between players in any other custom server. There's already two guilds and a healthy crafting-based economy due to crafted gear having aug slots in addition to quest gear having them.

But, player retention has been fairly high... 125 player accounts have logged into the server and made it past the hub zone. The concurrent amount of players ranges from 20 - 40 daily. There's approximately unique 42 players who have stuck around since the start of the server and continue to log in at least once per day.

We've also detected at least 15 people out of the 125 for using ShowEQ for advanced spawn tracking, or MacroQuest2 (for warp). They all have stopped upon being given a warning, it turns out of you treat people like humans instead of animals, you tend to curb that type of stuff.

Lastly, we've made some tweaks to raid content, and fixed a ton of exploits. We also improved dungeon exp thanks to player feedback and are doing balance passes on spells. Huge thanks to our playerbase for reporting bugs and feedback. You guys rock.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:49 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Even though I focus on my own projects, for anyone new, if you're looking for quality development in a server, someone like Secrets knows what he is doing. He's been around for many years, contributing to this emu project as a developer.(along with others). I wished I had their advanced skills and knowledge with source code. Classless does not mean "without class". Just sayin .....
Old 07-26-2019, 07:59 PM
jonny665
Fire Beetle

Default trouble getting in

is there a good walk thru for setting up a client somewhere for this server. it looks super cool but I keep trying to get rolling via the ez server directions but it keeps failing to open. i think they may be outdated. a youtube video would rock. i think alot of live players would like to try this but most likely will run into the same problems if they arent a code guy.
Thanks,
J.
Old 07-26-2019, 09:27 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Not much you have to do. 1 - have an RoF2 game client. 2 - download the supporting client files for this server, from the discord link above. 3 - Unzip those files into the appropriate RoF2 client folders. Then you're good to go. But I am not too clear on what issues you're having. You can go to the Classless discord channel (above) and ask for help, as well.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:32 PM
jonny665
Fire Beetle

Default burnt about 10 hour screwing with this

DB Error- Invalid password

I get the client from ez. --- right click client_download.bat , --- run as admin. ---snag files from discord extract to rof2 folder. --- move .exe and add patchme. over and over nothing.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:44 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny665 View Post
DB Error- Invalid password

I get the client from ez. --- right click client_download.bat , --- run as admin. ---snag files from discord extract to rof2 folder. --- move .exe and add patchme. over and over nothing.
I am not sure what you mean by "move .exe" If you are talking about the client eqgame.exe, you are not "moving it", you are simply creating a shortcut to it on your desktop.(leaving the original in your rof2 client folder). Once you create that shortcut, then follow that play guide for adding the "patchme".
ALSO - in your Rof2 client, double check the eqhost.txt file to make sure you have this:
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5999

I just tested that same download and found that text file to be empty.
Old 07-26-2019, 11:42 PM
jonny665
Fire Beetle

i havent played here since 2013 so maybe my account is killed for the servers. who knows. i can log on to the forums, but wte.