Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-26-2020, 01:29 PM
Thebardmask
Fire Beetle

Unhappy server setup help

OK first, I'm sort of new to setting up a server, i set one up ages ago, but now all the wiki links and GitHub links have changed. the analytics. Akkadius link doesn't work on the setup wiki. i managed to find Akkadius's installer files but the bat wont run even when i run as administrator, it just immediately closes. i found the source code on the eqemu server GitHub, but i cant find any wiki or how to to setup the server after compiling. i don't know what extra files are needed after compiling, except map files, database, and quest files but i don't know where to put them, and i cant find a good database to download, the only one i can find is the daily dump on this forum but the link of course doesn't work.
so in short all i have is the compiled server source, map files and quest files i don't know where to put and that's it, nothing else. please at least give me a link to a comprehensive how to with working links please.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:19 PM
Uleat
Developer

https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/cate...lation-windows

For ref: The wiki link has changed on the homepage..but, the installer still points to the old host.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-26-2020, 11:02 PM
Thebardmask
Fire Beetle

thats the akkadius link that doesnt work, it just loads forever then eventually i get a cant connect page
Old 01-26-2020, 11:02 PM
Thebardmask
Fire Beetle

the link on that page is - analytics.akkadius.com/eqemu_installer_files.zip
Old 01-27-2020, 02:50 AM
Uleat
Developer

Gitbook can be hard on browsers..I was able to load the page and click the link, however.

The link that I referred to above as being defunct is under the heading 'Server Installers.'

Compilin' Dirty
Old 01-27-2020, 05:45 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Just a trivial observation

Old 01-27-2020, 03:35 PM
Thebardmask
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebardmask View Post
the link on that page is - analytics.akkadius.com/eqemu_installer_files.zip
if your talking about the basic server install windows, with the link - analytics.akkadius.com/eqemu_installer_files.zip i cant connect to that site it loads for 4-5 mins then says cant connect
Old 01-27-2020, 06:37 PM
Thebardmask
Fire Beetle

dont get me wrong, i can connect to the gitbook and view the webpages there just cant open the link to akkadius's installer files that are linked on the basic server install for windows page, but thats not the problem anymore. ive managed to find his installer files on github. i downloaded it but the bat wont run, ive even found the source code on the eqemu/server github page and built it successfully with zero errors and the exes wont open either, not even an error or log anywhere to tell me what i need or what ive done wrong. i have the files i just cant run them, im on windows 10 if that helps any, i know windows 10 has a lot of problems running older programs of any kind.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:23 PM
Thebardmask
Fire Beetle

ok i think i may have found out that my current user on windows is corrupted, i cant open any form of bat or even use command prompt even as administrator, so ill make a new user and ill try again, hopefully with success.
Old 01-28-2020, 11:56 PM
Thebardmask
Fire Beetle

ok thats wierd, i made a new user and can finaly run bat files, and im at a hotel and now i can connect to the analytics.akkadius website now so ive finally downloaded the install files zip and so far its installing now i will update if it is successful or not. i guess all i needed to do was make a new user on windows 10 and use different wifi, agian wierd

Tags
not working, server, setup