Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-07-2020, 09:44 AM
laxative
Hill Giant

Default old compile or setup docs?

Greetings,

I've got my binaries compiling, and I've got a couple separate databases downloaded. I'm just about ready to get going.

There is so much GREAT work going on and I don't want to disparage any of that hard work.

Looking at the ground up server docs on the new gitbook it's great, but it stops at the point of compiling,... there is nothing about how to copy the executables from the build directory, the other files that also need to be there, a sample local lan eqemu/login setup.

Does anyone still have, or a link to some of the older guide that explained the next few steps after compiling the binaries? Namely which exes to copy and why.

I had my own guide written but lost it due to rebuilding station.

Again, amazing new work and the repack is awesome, but I want to remember, and setup completely from scratch so I can refresh my knowledge of the process.

thanks.
Lax
Old 02-07-2020, 11:53 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

I posted how to compile once before in this thread:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...805#post262805

Reference this for submodules :*http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42532

I'd save the old binaries before replacing with new 1s). The folder the files are in will be dependent on how you compiled in VS. Think I do RelwithDebug now since I eventually realized if I did in debug I had to replace files from running in release to work.

(The topic right below I pasted the same links since his question required compiling).
Old 02-07-2020, 01:51 PM
laxative
Hill Giant

Hi Phantom,

Thanks for reading, I wasn't clear. I can compile just fine. I'm just failing to remember the next steps, which was mostly copying a bunch of files to the server folder libs, executables, getting quests etc...eqtime (or something), editing eqemu properly for lan play, creating the server registration in the database, . ok getting ahead of myself.

What I really would like to know is what my server folder should look like post compile.

thanks
Old 02-07-2020, 02:21 PM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

I've become lazy with that and use eqemu_server.pl for that.
https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/cate...-server-assets

I don't remember how to pull all the files anymore really other than grabbing them from github.

Could also log in discord for likely faster assistance as many people use that more than the forums now.
Old 02-07-2020, 03:05 PM
laxative
Hill Giant

Thanks again!

I grabbed emu_server.pl from akka's files and ran it on my instance

I remember now when the menu driven options came into the process.

I'll work on the LAN setup a bit later but those links were helpful.

Most of the population just go straight to the defaults and thus I can see why the current automated method is so popular.

Lax