Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:17 AM
Bopt
Fire Beetle

Default Need Windows 7 Help

I'm interested in making a server for EQEMU, but sadly have already come to some roadblocks, so I'm hoping that someone can help me out!

First roadblock:

I'm using Windows 7. Is it even possible to make a server using Windows 7? Has anyone here done it? I'm using this sites core guide, the PDF one. Should I be using a different one?

Second roadblock:

When I try to make the target file for the EQ desktop icon (the "C:\Program Files\Sony\Emulator\Eqgame.exe" patchme part) it tells me that it isn't valid.

I'm sorry if this question was answered elsewhere, but I can't find it!

Thank you to whoever put their time and effort into answering these questions.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:09 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

First road block has a simple answer yes it will work. As for guides, this link should help you out. http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29043

Your second road block is fairly simple, change the Eqgame.exe to eqgame.exe and it should work.

For other commonly encountered issues refer to this: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=EQEmuFAQ
Old 02-17-2010, 08:50 AM
jkennedy
Hill Giant

also on second roadblock make sure you dont have the part part in there just patchme
Old 02-17-2010, 10:23 AM
harddisk
Fire Beetle

I had an eqemu server on windows 7 and it was working perfectly as long as I played alone ...... There was too much quirkiness and network /lan/wan connections was not stable ....So I decided to rebuild with a VM xp sp3 and now it works flawlessly

I don't know if you will play alone or with web friends.... and it's my personnal experience and point of view ..... Maybe the next answer from the eqemu community will be to tell you that eqemu server with 7 is perfect...
Old 02-17-2010, 09:37 PM
OscarGrouch05
Sarnak

Windows 7 runs fine make a starteq.bat file place in eq should look like this eqgame.exe patchme file and save then goto icon on desktop change it to say "C:\Program Files\Sony\Emulator\starteq.bat" works great for me.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:32 AM
Bopt
Fire Beetle

Thank you for such quick replies! Sadly, I still have problems a plenty.

First off, I can't find any way to download mysql without waiting the 7 day period for it. Is there any way to get it without waiting?

Thank you.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Bopt
Fire Beetle

Also, what version of Perl do I need? It says on the guide that I need the 32 bit version, but there isnt one on the website linked.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:46 AM
joligario
Developer

I use XAMPP on my windows 7 laptop. Comes with all I need.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:35 AM
Bopt
Fire Beetle

Wow, thats convenient. Thanks! I'm sure I'll be posting soon with another problem...Because I suck.

Thanks again!
Old 02-19-2010, 10:34 AM
pfyon
Discordant

http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/

Or, you can use WAMP, XAMPP, or LAMP (depending on your operating system). Those are bundles including apache/mysql/php(and/or perl).
Old 02-19-2010, 05:54 PM
OscarGrouch05
Sarnak

what i have done is installed every perl and pulled out the exe and dll files for everyone and installed 5.10.1.exe as main perl no more messages here about missing perl now don't matter what version i use now.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:13 PM
Bopt
Fire Beetle

Okay, next roadblock: When I did the checkout directory for the database, I didn't end up seeing a peqdb_Rev781.sql.gz file in the folder.

Also, where it says "Download revision 744 with bots here" the link is dead. Is there an updated version?
Old 02-25-2010, 11:21 PM
pfyon
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bopt View Post
Okay, next roadblock: When I did the checkout directory for the database, I didn't end up seeing a peqdb_Rev781.sql.gz file in the folder.

Also, where it says "Download revision 744 with bots here" the link is dead. Is there an updated version?
Not sure where you're referring to, but you can get the most recent project EQ database from http://code.google.com/p/projecteqdb/ and server code from http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/ .
Old 02-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Bopt
Fire Beetle

In step 3 of the guide at http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29043 it says that you should see a file called peqdb_Rev781.sql.gz and I don't see it anywhere. I tried searching for it using the search command, and it's not anywhere on my computer.

Thank you for the EQ databases!
Old 02-26-2010, 12:26 AM
Bopt
Fire Beetle

Okay, so I just redid the steps to that part, and I found a file called:
peqdb_rev1052.sql
I'm guessing that this is the file I should find, even though it's a different revision?

This step also tells me to unzip it, but it's not a recognizable file, nor is it extractable. What should I do?

Also, should I move this thread somewhere else? Maybe to the link that I'm using to build my server? I figured I'd just put it here for a couple problems, but I seem to be having a ton now.

Once again, thank you to anyone who puts the time and thought to answer me.