Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:50 PM
oostvebr
Fire Beetle

Default When I try to open EQ, the window blinks black and then closes and I get an error

Hi guys i try to start EQ but the screecn goes black and then an error message pop up saying it needs to close. did find some information at this link: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...QEmuFAQ#QLinkL

When I try to open EQ, the window blinks black and then closes and I get an error, but EQ never even starts.
Most likely you are having a resolution or drivers issue. Try adjusting your EQ or Desktop Resolutions or updating your video drivers.

I Just installed drivers from there website yesterday. and same problem. i tried changing my desktop resolution, and that didnt help. how do i change my EQ Resolution outside of game. i have never been in the game yet so it should still be at the default resolution. if there is anything else i could try you help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance guys.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:24 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

There are a few issues that cause that but you seem to have found several of the more common causes such as screen resolution and graphics drivers. More often than not it will be one of those two things causing the problem but if you are using Vista or Windows 7 it could also be a directx issue. Those operating systems come with direct x 10 and 11 respectively and are not always backwards compatiable with older games such as Everquest. The compatibility issues with directx seems to vary by hardware configuration as much as it does by software configuration. If that is the problem it is usually a simple fix since you can download and run the dxwebsetup.exe directly from Microsoft, it can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...a-9b6652cd92a3

Running that program does not replace your directx version it merely adds more components to it.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:34 PM
OscarGrouch05
Sarnak

click on OptionsEditor here is what you do set back to default 800x600 do not adjust screen size until after in game started this has nothing to do with your desktop screen size i'm using Windwos 7 x86 having no problems. if installed on 64 bit use the same steps you'll have it up and running great with no problems. if installed at default location c:\programfiles\sony\everquest make sure right click on the game icon and properties next goto compatibitily run this program as administrator. you see another box pop up say do you wish allow access click yes.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:20 PM
oostvebr
Fire Beetle

ok fixed and running great thanks