Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:50 AM
mamba666
Sarnak

Default Pi EQEMU Server

Some folks have logged on to my server and were asking soem questions so I thought I would post the info here.

I will try and keep this post updated with the content I am putting up on the server.

The concept of this server is to be able to group with a smallamount of people wether it be single group or small raid and even solo. The pace should be pretty fast without being obscenely easy.

I have custom quests and NPC's in Crushbone, Permafrost, Blackburrow, Permafrost and Nagafens lair.

You start in nexus and are bound in nexus as your home. This is similar to the Abyss server which I believe was based off od the Zeb server. talk to the teleporter she will give you a device to return to the nexus. This creates a hub so that it doesn't seem so lonely out theere on a low populations erver and cans eve to get youout of trouble should there be a glitche or a deadly situation. imagine that.

I have also started to implement a trial system that becomes available starting at level 50. This sytem will be kind of like the GoD trials in that with a small group you complete the trials which allows access to tougher trials and mini raids.

I started this server so that my friends and I ahd a playground to play with and i could learn how to create custom mobs, quests and events. It turns out that it is actually pretty fun to play on my server. I will continue to add more content especially at the higher end. the low tomid is reasonably flushed out at this time.

Thats it for now. Enjoy. I'll try and keep this up to date.

Feel free to ask questions. I do know for a fact that a small group has leveled through mid 40's and has done most of the custom quests with little info from me. So that tells me that the info I had provided in game should be sufficient to get going.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:56 PM
miotch
Sarnak

Location: Conveiniently located in your grocers frozen food isle.

This server is Awesome!
The custom NPCs and Quests for each zone are great! I 3 box there for the solo-playable status, because the server population is pretty small. But the concept is great, it makes each zone with NPC quests like a "task zone" . kind of like an LDON where you can log in, play for an hour and collect the items you need to get that piece of armor you wanted, log out for dinner, come back later that night for an hour and take care of some other thing you wanted to do . (another piece of armor perhaps?)
Leveling is not the constant grind it is on other servers either, you are trying to accomplish tasks, like collecting orc belts, pieces of goblin parts or whatever, the focus is much more on the gathering of items than grinding out the levels, the exp comes pretty fast, but not fast enough to make it too easy.
The tasks for level 51+ are really challenging, i have not made it past the first group of mobs yet, but i cannot wait to see what the reward is for the item turn in, in the zone of Ikkinz.

For a good time log in, be sure to talk to all the NPCs in the Nexus and be SURE to reply to ALL Their trigger phrases. Alot of good starter equipment is handed out (ie a nexus gate wand) you just have to ask the right NPC for it.

Hope to see you there.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:32 PM
firedup52
Fire Beetle

hey i was trying to play this but no matter what i typed in for the name even if it was odisfgiods or some crazy name like pickapepper it would always say name is rejected so can you help me out here? thank a lot
Old 07-29-2007, 09:35 PM
whirll
Fire Beetle

I played my Necro on the server for a couple days, made it to level 44, then all of a sudden I went LD, went to log back in, and I have no chars on the char select screen.. not sure what happened here..
Old 07-29-2007, 09:44 PM
manc
Fire Beetle

I lost all my toons, lvl 57 warrior, 57 monk all ikkinz geared and a 3x cleric
cant make new chars now dunno what happened.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:18 PM
mamba666
Sarnak

Sorry guys. Had some trouble with a corrupted char database.

It should be fixed now.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:23 PM
manc
Fire Beetle

The epic quest in solb is broken,
so far i got only my warrior's epic 1.0,
lost the naggy head on my monk and ranger, didnt return the epic after turning in the head :(
Old 03-26-2008, 10:25 AM
mamba666
Sarnak

The server is back up. I will keep it going as long as people still log on.

Sorry for the laps for any of you that enjoyed this server.

I updated the DB and system files to current release, so the server has been up and down a lot the last few days, but seems pretty stable now.

I will fix the Epic 1.0 Quest in Soldungb. I basically hadn't finished it for all classes.

I will finish the Ikkinz, Pools and Snlair trials, then it is on to some new fresh stuff.

I would like to branch out the mini raid stuff so that there are multiple selections for level 60-65 content.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, but I have a pretty good idea of how I want to finish the current content and add some new stuff.

I hope to see some of you on. I play mostly on the weekends, as I still raid current content on live EQ during the week.

Let me know if there are any issues with Lag or performance. I plan on upgrading the system, but unless the performance is getting hit I may not need to. I am pretty sure it could use more memory as it is only at 1Gb right now.

It has handled 20 to 30 players pretty well before.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:49 PM
madpuppy
Fire Beetle

were the spell file at for this server?