Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:19 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Question MKB script or software? Bind input to specific screens

AKA: Emulating hydra on 1 PC.

EDIT: the software is AHK - AutoHotKey, not MHK or MKB or wahtever. I was afk on my phone when I posted, sorry

I've been trying to find a way that actually installs, runs, and does what it says it does, to bind a specific mouse and keyboard to a specific monitor or instance of EQ. Basically o want to multiseat, but with multi screens, and for free lol. Working with Windows 10 mind you.

I've looked at team player, and my mice are locked both to 1 screen of my 2. I've tried dualinput but after you assign the 2nd mouse and kybd they disappear and the options for my devices aren't there. I tried several other things to no avail like aster and others that I forget the names of, and I installed MKB (or was it MHK) but it requires a lot of scripting, and all I can find for what I need is to do each key 1 at a time. I found that Microsoft has a program that allows all kinds of things like this, but only for certain Microsoft input devices of which i own none. I also found Logitech to have a couple options that MIGHT do what I want, but I've seen no mention of it specifically and don't know which of the 2 to try.

I know there are many boxing programs out there, isbpxer is big but I can't even ask a question there without downloading and installing a program just to register their forums, and after 5 hrs I'm still downloading. What I need is to make my 1 computer with 2 monitors and 2 keyboards, preferably a second mouse but not required, act like 2 computers without running a virtual machine. I don't care if it recognizes the entire second display as bound to the 2nd inputs, or just that specific EQ install, but it has to allow either instant window swap from keypress to keywords, or keep that window always active.

Does anyone know what programs would allow me to do this? All the answers I've found don't work on win10 or not on my version, or are paid and even then without testing I refuse to pay as all the rest I've tried supposedly work, but don't and most of them are paid after trial.

Should I be looking at isbpxer more, or another team player version, or does anyone use MKB and could help me with the script? I found "eithermouse" which was written for it and a minor attempt at eitherkbd but it was abandoned years ago and was never completed. All I need is to map an entire keyboard to one application, or 1 screen, and maybe map a 2nd mouse as well so that it is locked to that window only on both counts. My main mouse/kbd are fine one either main display or everything but that 1 application but can't affect that application.

I know this is possible, I just can't find how. Mice,kybd, barcode scanners and All kinds of things are all viewed as HIDs and they can be differentiated between (natively in many Linux distros) and in Windows itself via their own app for their own branded stuff, but what is there that truly works in win10 or even just for gaming that isn't brandspecific

I can't box, never have never will. I run bard as a box but she gets 2 buttons clicked per fight at the most. I have always run my characters off their own PCs so that's what I'm used to and what I like. I like doing 2 completely different things on 2 diff chars at the same time without a million Windows on 1 screen or having to bind another 100+ keys to my main kybd. I use in game macros to do any minor automation I need like forage and target at same time or mount and in is in 1 button. Most of what I do can't be programmed farther, and I wouldn't want to.

Anyone know something to help?
Old 04-11-2018, 10:22 PM
Uleat
Developer

I, personally, haven't seen this before on these forums.

But, it is relevant enough to search dbg's website to see if anyone there is looking for a solution too.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-11-2018, 10:46 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

usually people want to control everything from 1 mouse keyboard, either many accoutns 1 pc or many pcs, but it want to kinda do the opposite. I've seen it referred to as ncomputing (but i dont want the hardware etc) there's also a windows multi server something for lowincome nations for education etc, and everywhere I have found people looking for this exact function, people have jumped at saying they need 2 windows keys (because usually they wanted their buddy to play with them, or share computer with their wife etc) but i'm only 1 person wanting to use both screens WITH mice/keyboards..so 2 workstations but 1 chair., setting up a VM will not work due to space, my computer not wanting to take the shell install for it, need for windows inside it, etc.

usually called multiseating because people want multiple workspaces so multiple people can use at same time. i know ive seen some mention of it in some obscure parts of isboxer site talking about assigning to specific applications (but idk if it works how im reading it to) and blah blha.

Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center will do it and a ton more, though I don't need the rest of it, but only works on microsoft devices and most of mine are logitech.

AutoHotKey is popular on the dual-boxer or whatever its called forum, and I know it'd be possible there, but I think coding it is way beyond me at this point and thought maybe people here, doing a lot more interacting with code than GQPublic EQ users on DBG, may be familiar with that.

I installed another version of TeamPlayer and got it to work...sorta...but the keyboards worked on both windows despite being tied to specific mice and hte 2nd mouse b eing tied to 2nd eq screen only, and then the 2nd mouse appeared to work, until i tried opening the bank and everytime i'd rightclick, my view would go to the floor and no banker would open, so that was a bust. I was hopeful for a little while there though lol.

Still waiting for the free trial approval thingie to even think about isboxer or more likely their parent software: Inner Space, to try that.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:15 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

I've only known one person (in RL) that has done this, but he spent a few bucks on some hardware and
pricy software. But he also figured out in the end, he could of saved money and time, simply buying a
used system. Many "trial version" softwares out there to do it, but they can be a pita. I have your
initial preferences though. If I'm going to box 2 toons, I want 2 boxes.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:43 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

If you're trying to bypass TrueBox code, it's not going to work.

Not even the right forums.

There is no software that will emulate a single pc into 2 pcs.

By emulate, I mean all new HWIDs, MAC Addresses, etc.

Only win is VMWare and MultiPlicity.

Old 04-13-2018, 03:00 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Idk what truebox code even is I just want to be able to play both toons like I always have. I working around it as I have a Logitech g11. Isbpxer let's you bind keys to other toons but I don't want or need any of the rest of their...thing..so just using 7day trial while I find better solution. With all my Gkeys bound to my rgr hotkeys I can get by, so I'm now looking at the other free options just for that.

How is General not the right forum for a question that could have many answers and isn't tech support or development or servers or anything else, but a means to play the game? Normally even, if I had 3 machines instead of 2 I'd play same exact way if I can accomplish what I want. Lol..i used to say I look like Liberace when I'm playing my toons bc the way my right hand crosses the left one kybd to another and then the left does same over the right.

It looks like I'll probably use hotkeynet, it has good examples of the code., it's free, and it has nothing extra, only what I tell it to.

Oh, and there was a dude built a computer to have PvP tournaments in some game on same computer no VM, but as they said he did it the expensive way I didn't look at how. One comment there sent me on a wildflower chase for a JAM sofyware..lot of those but named KVM I could find..reverse nvm. But I'm betting it still wouldn't allow 2 active screens at once
Old 04-13-2018, 05:58 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Truebox code is what TLP eq servers use.

I think the wrong forum is referencing it seems like what you want to do is bypass that code to play multiple toons on 1 computer on live... Because that's what people ask all the time for the tlp servers.

I am not really sure what you want? 1 computer using separate keyboards for each account, and 1 mouse for each or both? I do not think its what you're looking for.. and the only real use I could think of using it would be multiple PC's using 1kb and mouse but have you looked at Microsoft borderless mouse?
Old 04-14-2018, 03:08 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomghost View Post
Truebox code is what TLP eq servers use.

I think the wrong forum is referencing it seems like what you want to do is bypass that code to play multiple toons on 1 computer on live... Because that's what people ask all the time for the tlp servers.

I am not really sure what you want? 1 computer using separate keyboards for each account, and 1 mouse for each or both? I do not think its what you're looking for.. and the only real use I could think of using it would be multiple PC's using 1kb and mouse but have you looked at Microsoft borderless mouse?
I don't play TOP, and I'm trying to modernize my emu server because I prefer the post-titanium era myself. So, not applicable. The reason I was asking is just as I said. I have played my eq on multiple computers for over a decade. I no longer have enough computers to do that, and I'm set in my ways lol, so I wanted to be able to emulate that for the 1 account I'm short a machine. I don't like alt tabbing, I like seeing them all at once except my neglected bard lol.

I wouldn't ask how to use 1 mouse/keyboard to run multiple machines, there are a billion options for that if it's what I wanted, but it's more the opposite of what I wanted. I play multiple accounts, so do most people I know on live, not trying to bypass anything except the cost of 1 more PC, as I'm broke right now.

As I said I think I found a solution just imperfect. I don't care too much about mice because I rarely touch any toon but my sk with my mouse once I'm in a camp, and I only operate 1 at a time. But I will be using mouse on sk while hitting hotkeys on rgr or druid, or hit hotkeys on rgr and druid at same time. So, once I stopped looking specifically for 2 keyboard solution, and remembered my G11 Gkeys, I realized any number of hotkey thingies could allow my Gkeys to act like my rgr hotkeys. I dont love the idea, but i know it is fully legal . Won't be gaining any advantage over anyone else in any way because it's completely possible to do same withaddition of 1 tower, if anything I'll be at a disadvantage because there are inherent delays, bugs, coding difficulties, and lack of flexibility (I'll be limited to 18 possible keypresses or combos without affecting how my sk plays, i.e. 1-0 - = mynearesttargetkey and 5 alt+#s for extra spell casts.)

I want nothing to do with automation or breaking server rules, he'll I want nothing to do with TLP lol, so was a bit confused by some of the comments. I started eq for the first time in 2007. I don't like the original game as I never played it unedited and can't really understand the draw because the old "You had to be there" kinda deal. I like how I've learned the game to be over the years from how it was when it was new to me and on, and boxing has never been an issue to anyone in that time anywhere I've played, but I just can't do it. My short-term memory wouldn't even let me try switching Windows back and forth lol. Maybe years ago, but not now. This old dog may learn new languages, but not new tricks involving memory or fine motor skills lol.

Anyway, until I can afford to build, or can get one of my old towers to work again, this will have to work. I haven't even tried playing yet (and it's not set up anyway) and I'm already having serious issues finding the right window to talk in sitting in GL going through my banks I lose track of active window lol.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:26 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Edit: nevermind that, it's the opposite of what I want. If it was screen to screen not compiter to compiter thatd be good though.

Oh and borderless mouse, first I've heard of it. I know in 7 and such, there was an option to autoswap to whatever window you mouse's over, but that doesn't exist in 10. If this is something else, I'll have to look into it. Microsoft has a lot of tools for their branded mice and keyboards, but if this one works on any brand it would certainly help the forgetting what window I'm on or having to click before I can click deal.
Old 04-14-2018, 04:17 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

maybe thisll help. this is an old desk setup of mine, more particularly mousepad..area...

now, i dont need THAT many. i dont even know what the 5th mouse was for maybe my DJprogram or videos, idk, i only ever played 4 accts and the 4th, my bard, was always boxed behind my ranger, but i've always played my sk, rgr, and dru in the foreground and simultaneously and thus on their own computers, but obviously doing different things with keys or mice, not the same all together. I only have 2 usable computers for this purpose now, while i need 3. my spare computers are all spoken for for various things around the house (especially since we cancelled directv and have to watch digital stuff or dvd/bluray only and we can actually play the video files on the laptops etc, when the tv's cant handle it) if i lived alone, id have the use of all but 1 of my computers, that one running my emu server, DJProgram, and bedroom tv lol.)

anyway, was looking for a different set of pics, but i've taken them of my desks a few times in the past lol, this one shows 3 of the keyboards, 3 of the screens, and for whatever reason, 5 mice. i move my hnads to whichever toon i want to do things on, not alt+tab and try to keep track, it's habitual. druid on right, SK straight ahead, RGR to the left, and bard to the far left or tabbed out. This is my normal ..lol..not that normal's ever applied

Edit: picture didnt show so here's just the link. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QIR...ew?usp=sharing
Old 04-15-2018, 01:29 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegila View Post
maybe thisll help. this is an old desk setup of mine, more particularly mousepad..area...

now, i dont need THAT many. i dont even know what the 5th mouse was for maybe my DJprogram or videos, idk, i only ever played 4 accts and the 4th, my bard, was always boxed behind my ranger, but i've always played my sk, rgr, and dru in the foreground and simultaneously and thus on their own computers, but obviously doing different things with keys or mice, not the same all together. I only have 2 usable computers for this purpose now, while i need 3. my spare computers are all spoken for for various things around the house (especially since we cancelled directv and have to watch digital stuff or dvd/bluray only and we can actually play the video files on the laptops etc, when the tv's cant handle it) if i lived alone, id have the use of all but 1 of my computers, that one running my emu server, DJProgram, and bedroom tv lol.)

anyway, was looking for a different set of pics, but i've taken them of my desks a few times in the past lol, this one shows 3 of the keyboards, 3 of the screens, and for whatever reason, 5 mice. i move my hnads to whichever toon i want to do things on, not alt+tab and try to keep track, it's habitual. druid on right, SK straight ahead, RGR to the left, and bard to the far left or tabbed out. This is my normal ..lol..not that normal's ever applied

Edit: picture didnt show so here's just the link. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QIR...ew?usp=sharing

jesus christ, just the general look is that you weigh 500lbs and have lung cancer.

its not that important.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:40 PM
c0ncrete
Dragon

That is certainly not your typical Traktor setup.

Old 04-15-2018, 06:35 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
jesus christ, just the general look is that you weigh 500lbs and have lung cancer.

its not that important.
Lol.well I'm not sure what part of that pic makes you think I'd weigh 500lbs, not littered with Twinkies or something, but o was very bad about emptying ashtrays, thus why there were so many. I don't actually smoke like a chimney, but I did smoke more when I could do so at my desk. It's also like 8yrs old when I was doing a lot of 4hr raidsessions and you only got up to pee( there's a mini fridge under one of the desks full of Pepsi max I think)

Whatever, point was about how I play and I couldn't find the newer pics like that. Im scraping through my PC graveyard to see if I can build another tower from the rubble as well which would be ideal but that's a long shot.

Not 500lbs, just eccentric
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61...red/pic014.jpg