Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:28 PM
ssarshikss1
Fire Beetle

The server is back online again. I will upload a new spell file for now. I know the weekend wasnt that great with connections but the server now seems stable.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Paladinsteve
Sarnak

Default A day in development ...

So there i was, working on making new items, fixing things, adding spells.

Then suddenly we needed to make new items for zones.. We made at least 9 spells and items that deal with internet memes, such as a group sell buff that turns your into trolls and sings the trololololo song for about 30 seconds on the duration of the buff as a reward for a quest.

The zone that these items are in will not be mentioned cuz its just stupid lol.

IN OTHER NEWS!!

There was about 20% of real work done on the server today for those of you wondering about it. But so far we have been having so much misc junk to keep people busy im laughing so hard.. well.. here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6FUR_nhGX8

Also, there is an NPC called Paul Bearer .. undertaker is no where to be found.

The music of the new zone with all these items have new music to suit the stupidity of the area. And what went into our minds creating this content. Trust me ideas were flowing, no gears were turning.. thats also a joke in some way lol. -- Skype is great.

CAUTION!! MEMES!!

Some item drops may contain helpful info to decipher wtf we were thinking.

Also, this post is useless. Today was a great day for editing the server.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36lSz...eature=related

^^^^^^ Its a good un
Old 07-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Bristlebane[nj]
Sarnak

Yes, I would love to know what goes through your heads.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Viskaz
Fire Beetle

When is this server going to go live? Also are you still looking for any testers atm?
Old 07-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Melandril
Sarnak

I really liked reading about the group vs solo XP idea. I may consider stealing that, if I can figure out how to host the server I just compiled
Old 07-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Paladinsteve
Sarnak

If you must know, this server is a very very long project. I dont expect this to be ready until possibly next year. Cuz im also in college atm. As of right now, The first Raid area is nearly done.

For those also wondering if there will be more content after release. Maybe, However - I intended this server to play like a console RPG. Story , Rares, Ect. and an Ending. Unlike other MMO's out there. i figured i could pull it off. Its a major project. so i dunno when this will be finished. I will try and update more in the future.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Paladinsteve
Sarnak

Default An Update.

Over 7000 Spell Altercations, Additions, Fixes, Resist ajustments and other good stuff.

Content for up to level 70 is finished. And gear is ready to be placed into the game along with quests.

A new leveling system from Level 70 - 85 Will be in place as you progress though the storyline that will be required for progression into new areas.

The EQemu TEAM zone ( Guild Lobby ) is Being worked on that will display all info about the major developers in all of EQemu. This is a relax zone and not much else will be put into here.

Clerics are not quite as powerful as they were ( You cannot pull a zone and not die as a cleric ) So clerics wont be able to mass pull shit to the extent they were for quick leveling.

Scripting for bosses and Misc events are getting tested.

New Misc quests are going to be available for repeat for Money starting at level 70.

I am still working on ALOT of additions to the server. This project is still in the works. So try and keep this server in mind as time passes. Its a biggun.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Paladinsteve
Sarnak

-- Fixed an Error that made warriors Immune to all damage with the ( Full ) Hell armor set.

-- Clerics can no longer have zonewide AE's
Old 08-23-2011, 12:46 PM
bowmaster
Discordant

whens the next beta gonn happen?
Old 08-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Paladinsteve
Sarnak

Prob when im done fine tuning the first raid zone. Its nearly done, just busy with college now, So its kinda slow going project atm.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Paladinsteve
Sarnak

It has been a very long while sense i have updated anything, but I would like to announce the lvl 71 - 85 progression is being worked on. That will involve a Multi-raid tier zone after the first raid, it will be connected to other zones to have a massive 2-3 group chain of zones to raid in to progress.

There will be 5 zones for the lvl 71 - 85 progression with a massive additions to gather along the way as you progress in your levels to finally reach your goal, ending with a final boss fight to finally reach 85.

I will be making a video soon to display the current project to everyone, right now the server is still around 40-50% complete.

I am looking for Developers/Scripting if you are interested, Send me a PM and tell me what you know of Creating content. I do no need testers at the moment.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:06 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

Woohoo glad to see this is still in the works =D

I was a tester till the server went down for all your work but i know how to develop/minor scripting and i can build a world. =D

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein