Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:06 PM
Uleat
Developer

I think Nightrider84 is on to something...

His analysis sounds vaguely familiar with a past inquiry...

Compilin' Dirty
Old 06-30-2016, 02:26 PM
BigBlueWizard
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrider84 View Post
No the order in which they are listed shouldn't be an issue at all. From what I can see its trying to put incorrect values into your character_bind. The character bind itself is fine but the values its trying to put in are completely wrong. I could be something related to the character creation itself for incorrect bind points on the character. Maybe check the starting location for some of the races and see if the zone id's match up to where they are suppose to spawn.
Hmmm, I checked through this and I can't seem to find any issues, especially any large values like what it was trying to input... everything seems to be correct with regards to zone id, class, race, etc.. looked in any tables I could think of that have to do with character creation, start zones, bind, etc...

It doesn't seem to affect anything, so I guess i'll just let it be
Old 06-30-2016, 03:04 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

I don't know why people continue to have issues with a loginserver setup.

This works just fine:

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Akkas_P...-for-local-lan

You can't use the same 'account' that you would use local loginserver as you would public login, you can't double dip right now and can't link the two together so you have to pick either or.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:24 PM
BigBlueWizard
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post

This works just fine:

You can't use the same 'account' that you would use local loginserver as you would public login, you can't double dip right now and can't link the two together so you have to pick either or.
Hey Akkadius,

First off, thank you so much for your installer and your guides and everything you do for the EQemu community! It's very much appreciated.

Secondly, I did follow your guide exactly (which was extremely helpful!), and perhaps I missed it, but I didn't see the part about not being able to use the same account. That was the root of this whole issue (which is actually solved now), and the thread has slightly derailed to a secondary database issue with player character creation.

Lastly, I don't know what you mean by
Quote:
you can't double dip right now and can't link the two together so you have to pick either or.
because I believe I am double dipping. I ran my server yesterday and logged in from both the eqemu host and my private login on the exact same account and character (not simultaneously, obviously), and had no issues. All I did was change my loginserver table's account id's to match that of the eqemulator.net hosts ids in the account table and it works just fine.

Again,
Thanks for all you do / have done / will do. Really appreciate the great work
Old 06-30-2016, 03:31 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post

This works just fine:

THF runs a "double dipping" setup, or at least used to. Maybe that is why people are attempting to emulate that behavior. Just a guess.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:37 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

I can write up a solution for it, that's not the issue.

What I'm saying right now is you are under the following contraints:

When you login with a LAN loginserver account 'eqisawesome', that creates an entry in the same accounts table that a public login with 'eqisawesome' does so you will get duplicate and confliction and they are not linked the same at all.

You can however, use 'eqisawesome' locally and use a different account from the public direction but you have to login as those methods each team and cannot currently link the two.

The reason I set it up was for folks who only want to play LAN setups so they'd have the offline option.

If you're going to have your server public you might as well just use the public loginserver cause that is what it is there for.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:44 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Failover is always a good option to have though.

In-case one day the loginserver goes down (We've never seen that before).

Old 07-02-2016, 12:19 AM
Nightrider84
Discordant

So in regards to that I run a dual login system on my server where playes can login via Eqemu's login or my own personal login and use the same account for both.

I think the issue lies where you make your server a "offline lan" vs using a private login open to all connections.

The stipulation is that the player needs to use the same Username and password for the private login and eqemu login or else you will have problems.

With the private login they hafto have your public IP to gain access to it over the web so you could simply use it as a lan only setup if you wanted.

I hope that makes some kind of sense lol