Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:57 AM
Aangus
Fire Beetle

Debian Stable - dual processor P3 1000 server with 1.25 gig ram - 88 static zones +5 dynamic zones - no problems at all - hardly any load difference from when we had all dynamic zones but a lot faster and better to play on.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aangus
Debian Stable - dual processor P3 1000 server with 1.25 gig ram - 88 static zones +5 dynamic zones - no problems at all - hardly any load difference from when we had all dynamic zones but a lot faster and better to play on.
What kind of connection and how many players on at one time?
Old 01-29-2007, 01:13 PM
Aangus
Fire Beetle

DSL 1.5 meg / 768k connection - usually only 4 or 5 players
Old 01-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

You and I have about the same connection and same hardware, I was just wondering how it would work with players on. I just have it for DB work now.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:24 PM
Teppen
Banned

wow, havent seen devn00b post in awhile...

i thought you were banned...

after you left dev team you had posted the public loginserver in zip file on a forum (which was removed rather quickly by another dev).

could of swore you got forum banned for that, guess not huh.

you always did have a bad attitude. for those who didnt get chance to read his comments towards the other dev at the time he went postal here is his words:

--devn00b's leaving project anger post (appeared in loginserver post)--

This is my final act in reguards to eqemu. I once worked hard and cared about the project, as the other developers did, but now things have changed. They arent happy with the way things where setup (and had worked since dec of 2001). Image was kicked because people wanted control nothing more. I was kicked because im friends with image.

Doodman: Tho we dont see eye to eye I appreciate your kindness and understanding

Kathgar: I hope all is well

Khuong: ... nuff said there.

LethalEncounter: GJ brining this on. Could have stoped it with a few simple keystrokes, but no...

Wiz: Your a liar, and a worthless person in the last year you where supposed to put in LoS code. Never did. You kept telling me you sent ram you promised. Never got here. Nor did customs stop anything otw to my area.

Melwin: Glad you dont live in my hood.

Now on to the good stuff.

Rename the eqcrypto.athlon.dll to eqcrypto.dll. Change your computers network name to athlon (Note if you dont do this it wont work). Compile the login server. Run the SQL file in MYSQL. Edit db.ini as well as loginserver.ini and enjoy.

-- Devn00b --
-- Former Eqemu Developer/Administrator --

--End of devn00b's leaving project anger post ------------------------------

btw, image was a loser after he did his scam to capture peoples live accounts and started posting them on ebay, was the sign he didnt belong in this community. Then there was a post on another eq related forum of a person tracked him down and posted all his information including his license plate, make, model, year of his vehicle.. needless to say he got owned. The only thing worth saying was he was man enough to sort it out and people as far as I know got there accounts back. (never really followed up on it).
He would have been better off if he just continued to write code for the project instead of scams. The two best things that happened to the eqemu community was when you two left. nuff said.

And in my opinion since you obviously never got banned for posting the public loginserver you should of, atleast it would have stopped future posts from you.

hope you never return.

Last edited by Teppen; 01-31-2007 at 08:30 PM..
Old 01-31-2007, 12:46 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Well, the problem most of us mods have here is, he is senior and even though we don't know him, we respect that; someone who's stayed in the forum so long, and acts like this, is surprizing.
Anyone who has an account older than mine, I think twice before banning, and usually I consult.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:14 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppen
He would have been better off if he just continued to write code for the project instead of scams.
This type of reasoning usually directly relates to maturity. No stable, adult-minded, mature person would think this was "ok" to do. Regardless of seniority on a forum, or previous acts of heroism, soon as someone crosses the line and rips people off or goes on tirades of insulting commentary, they lose all respect.

It's not rocket science to be mature. Anyone posting on forums sthese days should have the cognitive capacity to understand right from wrong (Netiquette). Some just don't give a damn.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:21 AM
Ueguvil
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox
Well, the problem most of us mods have here is, he is senior and even though we don't know him, we respect that; someone who's stayed in the forum so long, and acts like this, is surprizing.
Anyone who has an account older than mine, I think twice before banning, and usually I consult.
Being a tremendous douche for longer than anyone else on the forums really doesn't count for much.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Teppen
Banned

Found a small error in my post above which Id like to fix, and had to create new post because Im unable to edit my previous post for some odd reason.

Anyways I meant to say:
---
And in my opinion since you obviously never got banned for posting the public loginserver sourcecode
---

Instead of:
---
And in my opinion since you obviously never got banned for posting the public loginserver

Ofcourse, the version he posted was an early state of the loginserver and from what Im told the dev's have made several improvements to it since that time. Regardless of his number of posts, it was still a bad judgement call on his part. Nowdays a person can get banned asking for eq warez on forums but he gets a free pass for posting loginserver source? Anyways, Im done posting on this thread, Im one of the few who actually remember him, as my join date says Ive been a member since 2002 and witnessed several good devs leave on the count of devnoob's attitude and remarks. Dont mind my posts, just venting.

Hurray! My 1st rant of 2007.

/rant off

Last edited by Teppen; 02-01-2007 at 07:04 PM..
Old 02-01-2007, 11:47 AM
mattmeck

Dev was banned for that for a while actually.

The situation was brought up to the developers, its in there hands.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:30 AM
gernblan
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox
FatherNitwit> ==12/11/05
FatherNitwit: Rewrote all the pet creation code to be based on npc_types
FatherNitwit: Completely changed the pets table.

Glad I don't have to blow you
PWNED!

ROFL! ROFL!