Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-19-2015, 05:26 AM
Humon
Fire Beetle

Its all beq. Had a problem with the first attempt in building the server and had to start over, and to be on the safe side i changed the database name.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:26 PM
Uleat
Developer

Yes, what vsab said.

Using 'localhost' in the eqemu_config.xml file doesn't seem to cause issues.

Using that alias in 'login.ini' always seems to cause issues..use '127.0.0.1'

It really hasn't been addressed because so few people use their own login servers and there is no real need for mainstream users.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-20-2015, 03:07 AM
vsab
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
It really hasn't been addressed because so few people use their own login servers and there is no real need for mainstream users.
I actually suspect that is not true, it seems to be a fairly common use case. When I get time (how many times have I said that? :P ) I will set it up on my laptop and then post a full working set of configs on the wiki.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:01 AM
Humon
Fire Beetle

OK good news. The problem is fixed by changing my login.ini host to 127.0.0.1 and changing the EQEmuAuthCrypto.dll to the x86 version. SO now the log in server stays on and seems to be working fine, it even tells me when im trying to log in once i launch the game, and thats my next problem.

Ok i have followed the guide on the self server and created a few accounts, in the tblloginserveraccounts.frm, even figered out the HidiSql (a lot easier btw) all seems good. Type in user name and password and get hit by User Name/Password not valid. Login Server seems to be working and shows that the User that i logged in as but the next line has Hash: and a long string of numbers and letters. Then it shows that i have disconnected when i close the game.

So what am i doing wrong now?
Old 03-20-2015, 08:50 PM
Uleat
Developer

The long string is probably a hex dump..been a while since I've seen it..so, not 100% on that.

When you made your accounts, did you manually enter the passwords into the fields?

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-21-2015, 06:06 AM
Humon
Fire Beetle

The first account i made i use MySQL command and typed it the long and hard way (INSERT INTO tblloginserveraccount (etc,etc)), followed by (VALUES (etc,etc)). Then i figered out how to use HidiSQL and made 3 more accounts that way.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:19 PM
Uleat
Developer

Make sure that your passwords are security hashed..otherwise, the passwords will not match when a login is attempted.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-21-2015, 02:23 PM
Humon
Fire Beetle

Ok i'm sorry to say I'm not sure what you mean by hashed. I have copied the account name with caps and numbers and password with the same.

So far one thing i have been able to figure out is that the account names are correct so its just the passwords. When i type a account name that's not in my tblloginaccounts table the EQEmu Login Server window gives a [Client Error] of no account.

Any thoughts on that?
Old 03-21-2015, 02:54 PM
Humon
Fire Beetle

Good news I did figure out what you meant by hash. Is there an easier way to know what hash a chosen password will have?
Old 03-21-2015, 03:18 PM
Uleat
Developer

Ha ha! I don't think I've got the patience to work out a hash manually.

Use this query, replacing name with the Account Name:
Code:
UPDATE `tblloginserveraccounts` SET `AccountPassword` = SHA(`AccountPassword`) WHERE `AccountName` = 'name'
If, for some reason, your passwords were already hashed..you'll need to re-enter them again. That query will "re-hash"
an existing hashed password and make them unusable again.

If you want to play around with the security hash function, use this query:
Code:
SELECT SHA('text');

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-21-2015, 05:10 PM
Humon
Fire Beetle

Cool, you guys helped allot and thanks for the help. Now if only i could figure out why it crashes every time i try to play it. Ill look around and see if anyone has a fix for that or start a new thread.

Thanks again.