Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-07-2007, 03:44 AM
Amra
Hill Giant

Default Abyss\Zeb DB

I really hope someone will take this db and do something with it. It deserves a good home. Here is a link to download the db and quest pack. This is my modified version. Please don't ask me how to set it up. There is plenty of information here.

There are some changes to the accounts that I forgot to change back before I compiled the sql. But they are easy to fix. Accounts are set to 2 by default and most zones require a 2 to enter. No new accounts can be created. So just change the accounts and zones back to a 0 status.

Also magic resistance has been lowered across the board and and kunark\rss raid mobs have been nerfed a bit. Prismatic Dye works. It didn't before. I don't remember everything I changed. I never kept a log (yikes). But there really wasn't much. I did some work with augments. I was able to combine them but it never worked correctly. Hope someone has better luck.

http://www.fileplanet.com/179579/170...s-Db-for-EqEmu
Old 08-07-2007, 10:40 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

I would love to archive that db, but I won't let IGN install their crap on my system Any chance of a different host?
Old 08-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Amra
Hill Giant

If someone wants to host the file I will send it to them via msn or ftp. I am tbones73@hotmail.com

Would you be willing to host the server, john? haha
Old 08-07-2007, 11:17 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Email sent.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:51 PM
gernblan
Discordant

I'm happy to host the file.

Mail me at gernblanATgmail.com
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast
Old 08-07-2007, 11:03 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

This thread is epic for all the Zeb players.

An epic thread is not complete without an epic picture.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:17 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

Love the idea, I enjoyed the zeb server quite a bit in the last few weeks of its' life. I couldn't make it anywhere close to the endgame before the server shut down though, I know I'd like a chance to see it.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Burningsoul
Discordant

No bow"master", the thread titled "Abyss/Zeb DB" containing three pages of easy-to-read text describing how it's the Zeb DB shortly after the abyss merge, has nothing to do with the zeb database. Move along, nothing to see here.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:22 PM
bowmaster
Discordant

Erm nothing to see? just gone though and read it and well. Jibba said hes working on the old zeb again.. thats worth seeing , thank you.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:11 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowmaster View Post
Erm nothing to see? just gone though and read it and well. Jibba said hes working on the old zeb again.. thats worth seeing , thank you.
Post date. Read again. Thanks.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:18 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Heh, no I do not think this is the Zeb db (i have asked for it, but am certain I will not get it), though it's got bits of Jibba all over it... eww...

This thread is 4 years old, sorry for the bump as I said. Check the dates, nothing about this has anything to do with Jibbatwinkers. Just an old, fun server I had lying around. Played it for a few hours last week, and it was kinda fun. Hadn't "played" EQ in years. Brought back some good memories.

Edit: If Amra is still around, and has his "before my mods" version of this database, I might run that instead. Sounds like even he was unhappy with the current DB...
Old 08-28-2011, 11:35 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

tryied connectiong , guess i cant with UF client
Old 08-30-2011, 11:44 AM
Amra
Hill Giant

Yello

I will see what I can find. =)
Old 09-01-2011, 01:01 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Thanks, Amra. Good to see you again!
Old 09-18-2011, 05:08 AM
Amra
Hill Giant

So far no good. I swear it was around not too long ago. Will keep up the search. But yes, Abyss was most definitely based on Jib's core db. Like I said before I don't remember everything I changed.

The most major changes I remember (sorta):

Drastically lowered magic resistance across the board - This is just a pet peeve for me. I do NOT like being resisted =P I don't like eq fizzles either arrgg My intention was to backtrack and adjust Boss mobs and such but I don't recall how far I got.

Changed (donation) zones to allow access for all players.

Did some work with prismatic dyes and augments. Dyes were not working as I remember. They work in my version. I never finished the augments.

Beyond that I really don't know. Bits and pieces here and there but I don't think anything major.

There may have been an implementation of Georges random loot. As I remember loot generator. As I recalled loot being a bit barren for minor mobs. But that may have been another db =) And it would have been temporary until the loot table was redesigned.

So that's about it. =)