Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:32 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

Default Monster Summoning Problem

Whenever monster summoning 1 2 3 or 4 summons a cyclops or a hill giant. it gives them a solid pink cyclops head with only the eye being normal. any thoughts on how to fix this stupid issue. Tried different clients and they all show the same issue So i imagine its a DB issue.

"Update"

I figured out part of the problem the ID for cyclops and giants are the same id so the system glitches when it trys and loads both at the same time. If you set the face to 0 in npc_types for Monstersum it fixes the cyclops but gives giants you summon a cyclops head. I wanted to make it so only cyclops are summoned when using monstersum or summon earth pet ect. but the skins work correctly in zones that cyclops are present but it reverts to a human when your in zones that dont have cyclops. Is there anyway to make it so if you use the model its not zone restricted?
Old 06-30-2013, 06:43 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Face != Helmtexture, some mobs require you to set their helmet texture, such as race 455, Kobolds, if you want them to look like classic Ruga in armor you have to set their texture to the armor texture as well as their helmet texture, just a tip as to why that is happening as the head is rendered separately on said model for some reason. Hope I helped.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:10 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

yeah the problem is the cyclops and the giants use the same model id so even if i fix the face for 1 it messes up the other. It only does it with the spell thow the normal cyclops and hill giants running around look normal
Old 07-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Hmm, Face != Helmtexture, you're applying a 'fix' in the wrong place. Fix the helmtexture, not the face, as helmtexture is actually the head in some mobs, such as these. But remember, there's no need to make two posts about the same topic.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:52 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

This should be fixed now. Next time just ask for the thread to be moved.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:39 AM
Nightrider84
Discordant

I know this issue was resolved with an update to the source code and recompiling. I was curious how I could fix this issue myself without having to update my server. Id prefer to keep it right where its at. Thanks
Old 07-16-2013, 01:24 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

It was a really small change. You could apply it yourself locally.
https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/comm...2ae6664a9d270b

You might also want this one in case you summon in bothunder.
https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/comm...0d2c7ef0acc6e1
Old 07-16-2013, 01:46 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Without editing the source code, no. Either update your server or apply the patches that lerxst2112 recommended to.

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/comm...64a9d270b.diff

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/comm...ef0acc6e1.diff

and those are direct links to diffs that you might be able to apply with the patch utility if your server isn't too far behind.