Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:32 AM
yz125
Sarnak

Default Obtaining UF+ icon/wep graphics on UF client

I am curious to know if this is at all a possibility, and how difficult it would be about doing so. I have an up to date live client that I can get the required files from. I'm wondering if anyone has tried to do this since KMRA did it with an older client that showed icon/weapon graphics from a later expansion.

Trying to see if maybe I can copy the files from my live folder to my UF folder. To be able to see RoF, or even CotF icon/weapon graphics.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:42 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

everquest\uifiles\default --> get all the dragitem(1-181 or whatever is current highest value).dds from live and drop into this folder.
Can't remember but probably need to search the live install for *equip.eqg in the root everquest folder, copy those to the emu install and probably also need to add them to the GlobalLoad.txt in everquest\Resources
Been awhile since I have touched this and others can confirm/deny any aspect of my response.
Edit EQUI_Animations.xml, this is a copy of one of my underfoot installs I use on emu
http://pastebin.com/Y5UE8iV6

--onbeforeunload = function() {};

Last edited by wolfwalkereci; 11-13-2013 at 05:43 PM.. Reason: wtf onbeforeload go away!
Old 11-13-2013, 06:00 PM
yz125
Sarnak

Thanks a lot, much appreciated! Does your HoT+ weapon/shield graphic particles show up?
Old 11-14-2013, 02:09 AM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by yz125 View Post
Thanks a lot, much appreciated! Does your HoT+ weapon/shield graphic particles show up?
When I play I box 12+ on most servers and have all particles off, I believe they do but its been over a year since I had particles on.
onbeforeunload = function() {};

Old 11-14-2013, 03:46 AM
yz125
Sarnak

Hmm. I can see the weapon and shield particles just fine up to UF. I've noticed in some other topics, other people are having the same problem as I.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...hlight=weapons was a great tutorial. I have your EQUI xml, and all other info that was posted in the correct spots.

I am using:
2,0,TFFFE,hotequip.eqg,Loading HOT Character Equipment Files
2,0,TFFFE,voaequip.eqg,Loading VOA Character Equipment Files
2,0,TFFFE,rofequip.eqg,Loading ROF Character Equipment Files
2,0,TFFFE,hofequip.eqg,Loading HOF Character Equipment Files
2,0,TFFFE,hofequip4hof.eqg,Loading HOF Character Equipment Files
2,0,TFFFE,cotfequip.eqg,Loading COTF Character Equipment Files

So not sure why the particles aren't working.. =/
Old 11-15-2013, 03:55 AM
yz125
Sarnak

Ok so... nevermind. The more I look into this, the more I learn that it's the specific client used to show weapon particles. Ex. UF won't show UF+ particles, RoF won't show RoF+ particles.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:02 AM
NatedogEZ
Developer

Particles go outside the useable range of IDs.. if someone knew how to change that.. they would probably show up.... but if its hard coded then I guess we are boned :(

EDIT

Found it!!! Get a live account and download it... then search for *.edd

There should be 3 files ..... actoeremittersnew.edd , enviromentemittersnew.edd, spellsnew.edd

I used the live ones to replace the UF ones BUT make sure to backup the old ones just incase ...

I copied all the missing files from the Live download into my UF EQEMU folder and BINGO I can see the particles on RoF weapons

These weapons look SEXY as hell lol ... I also have the new weapons from the newest expansion they look BADASS

Here is another picture this is from the hofequip.eqg --- no idea what expansion this is.. lol

Last one for the lols...

Wanted to add one more... even the COTFEQUIP.eqg items glow! (newest expansion I think)

HUGE ASS SHIELD

Old 11-15-2013, 08:27 AM
NatedogEZ
Developer

One last edit... looks like you can also update all icons up to COTF as well!

RoF icon / graphic / particles on sword ...
COTF icon / graphic / particles on shield... woot!

All on UF client!

If anyone needs help getting this to work don't hesitate to ask

(darn 6 image limit!)
Old 11-15-2013, 07:50 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatedogEZ
Here is another picture this is from the hofequip.eqg --- no idea what expansion this is.. lol
Rain of fear has files named hof, not sure why.
onbeforeunload = function() {};
Old 11-15-2013, 08:26 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

The 3 folders... ActorEffects, EnvEmitterEffects and SpellEffects need the live files that are missing to see some of the particles as well FYI!
Old 11-15-2013, 09:14 PM
yz125
Sarnak

Default Everything works!

Everything works now. Every weapon/shield graphic & particle works, UF to and including CotF. Thank you so much!!

HoF is the t4 of the expansion which was released as a second part of the RoF expansion. So you can use rofequip, and hofequip.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:59 AM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

This is definitely sweet. Thanks a ton for the information on how to get this patched together. Very quick and easy. I am also currently running the UF client, now patched with the CotF graphics/icons.

Enlightened Dark: Ascension
Old 01-13-2015, 09:51 PM
Bandor
Hill Giant

How can I get this to work? I have coppied all missing files from a fresh live patch aswell as replaced the 3 files as mentioned,but can not get the new graphics to work at all,not sure if i missed something or not
Old 01-14-2015, 11:28 AM
Bandor
Hill Giant

Found the wiki and followed it exactly,can now see the graphics but particles still not wanting to show sadly
Old 01-14-2015, 09:54 PM
Bandor
Hill Giant

redid the whole thing got it working must've missed something the first couple times. Now to get other things like the gnomework flyer graphic to work in UF and we'll be in business :P also WTB heroforge :P