Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-02-2006, 03:42 AM
Zekzh
Fire Beetle

Default Noob Question - Easy guide to set up server?

Hey I am a rookie, whose trying to set up a server. Yet I have only been able to find guidelines for 6.x versions of the EQEmulator, does there exist any guidelines for the 7.0 or its the same? Or is there any programs which auto-set up an Eqemulated server .

Sry if I'm bumbing an old question
Old 05-02-2006, 04:36 AM
paaco
Discordant

The 0.6.5 guide in the wiki is still good for 0.7.0. If you find that too challenging still check out the installer at eqemu.sesmar.net...Even an 8 year old could set one up with the installer, they make it easy. Good luck
Old 05-02-2006, 04:38 AM
Zorlofe
Fire Beetle

With that installer what is needed to be done with mysql and perl as far as setting them up?
Old 05-02-2006, 05:01 AM
paaco
Discordant

This is exactly how to make a Public server install and work.

1.) First Install MySQL - I use 4.0.26 Works Perfectly
2.) Next Install ActivePerl - I use ActivePerl-5.8.2.808
3.) Install DRP's installer of EQEmu, make sure you set the path to your EQ Folder,MySQL, and Perl Install exactly right or it will not work. After that is done, you should not have to change anything at all except your servers long and short name. ( Long Name is what people will see on the server select screen. Short name is what it will name peoples .ini files when they create a char on your server. )
4.) Extract the map files into your eqemu maps folder. Without these detrimental spells and mob pathing will not work.

Additional steps that may or may not be needed. This is only if you are connecting from behind a router and yourself or others are unable to connect.( I have to do this myself to make my server work. )
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=RouterFix

Last edited by RangerDown; 05-02-2006 at 10:32 PM.. Reason: Fixed link
Old 05-02-2006, 05:10 AM
Zekzh
Fire Beetle

Thxs alot, waiting for my titanium expansion to arrive . Then i am rdy to launch off .
Old 05-02-2006, 11:40 AM
SonOfCycle
Fire Beetle

That link seems to be broken, any update?
Old 05-02-2006, 02:33 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Link fixed
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Zorlofe
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the reply friend. Unfortunately I'm still getting this following error and can't get anywhere:

[Debug] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_debug_2012.log
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__INIT] Loading server configuration..
[Debug] [NET__WORLD] WorldConnection connect: Connecting to the server 127.0.0.1
:9000 failed: TCPConnection::Connect(): connect() failed. Error: 10061
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__ERROR] worldserver.Connect() FAILED! Will retry.
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__INIT] Starting main loop...

I think alot of this has to do with that fact that instead of it showing to connect to 127.0.0.1 it should be connecting to my server IP but I have configured both the config.ini and db.ini files and .xml file with my servers IP and still no luck.

Last edited by Zorlofe; 05-03-2006 at 01:57 AM..
Old 05-02-2006, 06:04 PM
Zorlofe
Fire Beetle

Ok, I changed it to say localhost instead of an IP in my xml file and I finally seemed to get somewhere but now I see this on the world.exe window:

[Status] Using database 'eq' at localhost:3306
[Status] EMuShareMem loaded
[Status] Loading items from database: count=46073
[Error] DBLoadItems query 'select source,itemclass,name,lore,idfile,id,weight,no
rent,nodrop,size,slots,price,icon,UNK012,UNK013,be nefitflag,tradeskills,cr,dr,pr
,mr,fr,astr,asta,aagi,adex,acha,aint,awis,hp,mana, ac,deity,skillmodvalue,UNK033,
skillmodtype,banedmgrace,banedmgamt,banedmgbody,ma gic,casttime_,reqlevel,bardtyp
e,bardvalue,light,delay,reclevel,recskill,elemdmgt ype,elemdmgamt,range,damage,co
lor,classes,races,UNK054,maxcharges,itemtype,mater ial,sellrate,UNK059,casttime,U
NK061,procrate,combateffects,shielding,stunresist, strikethrough,extradmgskill,ex
tradmgamt,spellshield,avoidance,accuracy,charmfile id,factionmod1,factionmod2,fac
tionmod3,factionmod4,factionamt1,factionamt2,facti onamt3,factionamt4,charmfile,a
ugtype,augslot1type,augslot1unk,augslot2type,augsl ot2unk,augslot3type,augslot3un
k,augslot4type,augslot4unk,augslot5type,augslot5un k,ldontheme,ldonprice,ldonsold
,bagtype,bagslots,bagsize,bagwr,book,booktype,file name,banedmgraceamt,augrestric
t,loregroup,pendingloreflag,artifactflag,summonedf lag,favor,fvnodrop,endur,dotsh
ielding,attack,regen,manaregen,enduranceregen,hast e,damageshield,recastdelay,rec
asttype,guildfavor,augdistiller,UNK123,UNK124,attu neable,nopet,UNK127,pointtype,
potionbelt,potionbeltslots,stacksize,notransfer,st ackable,UNK134,clickeffect,cli
cktype,clicklevel,clicklevel2,proceffect,proctype, proclevel,proclevel2,worneffec
t,worntype,wornlevel,wornlevel2,focuseffect,focust ype,focuslevel,focuslevel2,scr
olleffect,scrolltype,scrolllevel,scrolllevel2,upda ted from items order by id', #
1054: Unknown column 'augslot1unk' in 'field list'
[Error] If you got boat loads of errors, make sure you sourced: utils/items-0.6.
0-DR2-0.6.1-DR1-convert.sql

Error: EMuShareMem: DLLLoadItems: !cbDBLoadItems
[Error] WorldDatabase::GetLauncherList: #1146: Table 'eq.launcher' doesn't exist

Also, the eqlaunch window repeatedly says:

[Debug] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_debug_3448.log
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__INIT] Loading server configuration..
[Debug] [LAUNCHER__INIT] Starting main loop...
[Debug] [NET__WORLD] Connected to World: 127.0.0.1:9000

Is all this normal? I have yet to try to connect one on of my other PC's to the server btw. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:29 AM
Zekzh
Fire Beetle

Okay I have launched the server now or have I?
C:\EQEmu\World.exe
Says:
[Status]Using database 'eq' at localhost: 3306
[Status]Emusharemem loaded

?
Old 05-03-2006, 10:02 AM
Zorlofe
Fire Beetle

For whatever reason the the server pack does not create the database and I have tried to do it manually giving me the above result. Has anybody had any issues with Caveman's pack not setting up the db?
Old 05-03-2006, 10:29 AM
Zorlofe
Fire Beetle

Well I found out what the issue is. I'm running Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 and D.E.P. is real picky about what it will let you run. As soon as I set the installer as an accepted program I was finally in business.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:34 AM
abaddon
Sarnak

not to get entirely off subject, but as a Windows Server 2003 user, I was wondering, what do you think of R2? I have the first rev using 2003 Standard, and its in my opinion the best OS MS has ever released... is R2 much better?
Old 05-04-2006, 07:24 AM
Zorlofe
Fire Beetle

It's not that R2 is much better but includes more admin tools. I haven't really had the time or need to use them but for some admins depending upon the situation, I'm sure they're useful. I do agree though 2003 is a great OS that's very stable and solid.